X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/3 Cuban Missles and a Wild Pitch Postgamer

Five straight. Don't stop now, boys!

Sox bullpen outshone the much more-heralded Brewers bullpen.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

That's the kind of game that they've lost in the past. Robert taking walks is such a good sign.

Comment

I'm starting to really like this team. Can beat you so many different ways and the back end of the bullpen looks tough. Colome has been very impressive since his first game struggles.

Wanted to add, Madrigal has one of the fastest transfer/release motions I've seen in a long time.

That was a special win. Five... in... a... row...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
          Sox bullpen outshone the much more-heralded Brewers bullpen.
          Bullpen can make a manager look like a genius or the opposite. That's why you can get three managers for the price of a LOOGY. RR did manage real good tonight.
          Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

My absolute favorite moment of the night was when Abreau made an out, goes back to the dugout and everyone is laughing. The look on Madrigal’s face was priceless. We may have just witnessed his trust and bonding with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              I'm starting to really like this team. Can beat you so many different ways and the back end of the bullpen looks tough. Colome has been very impressive since his first game struggles.

Wanted to add, Madrigal has one of the fastest transfer/release motions I've seen in a long time.

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
              My absolute favorite moment of the night was when Abreau made an out, goes back to the dugout and everyone is laughing. The look on Madrigal’s face was priceless. We may have just witnessed his trust and bonding with the team.
              I thought Nick was going to get to that one shot to his left with ease, and he just missed it. The look at Abreu after that was, "come on, son."
              Last edited by Krs1; 08-04-2020, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Speaking of Abreu, he absolutely mashed that baseball. Had to turn on the sound to hear that one after seeing it. It did not dissapoint.

Comment

Train keeps a rolling..... Don’t stop now boys!!!

BK59

Comment

I really liked the quiet confidence of Ross Detwiler. Despite the dropped third strike, he calmly came back and got the next batter out. If Rodon has to go on the IL, Detwiler might be the best man for that rotation spot.

Comment

I know it's a small sample, but after last night on Fangraphs, Luis Robert leads the AL in WAR and Moncada is tied with Judge for second.
                      Last edited by MrX; 08-04-2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Cishek still has a whiff of that Cubs stink on him. Has anyone heard anything about Lopez's injury status? I guess it's a good sign that he's not been placed on the 45 day IL, but if Rodon is down for more than a start, we're getting pretty thin in the rotation.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                          I know it's a small sample, but after last night on Fangraphs, Luis Robert leads the AL in WAR and Moncada is tied with Judge for second.
                          All the more reason to keep them at the top of the lineup, even when Anderson returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                            Cishek still has a whiff of that Cubs stink on him. Has anyone heard anything about Lopez's injury status? I guess it's a good sign that he's not been placed on the 45 day IL, but if Rodon is down for more than a start, we're getting pretty thin in the rotation.
                            I haven't heard anything about Lopez other than "right shoulder tightness." Hopefully one of Rodon/Lopez is back soon. Until then, it's either Dunning, or if they don't think he's ready, an opener/bullpen day.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

All the more reason to keep them at the top of the lineup, even when Anderson returns.
                              Anderson vs. Robert at the lead off spot will be an interesting decision. Neither of them is a traditional lead off hitter in that they're both super-aggressive and aren't going to walk much. Anderson should hit for higher average but Robert for more power. Both will strike out a ton, but there's an argument that strikeouts don't hurt as much out of the lead off spot, because an out is an out, compared to if it's happening with men on base.

Let's not forget that Anderson was almost as hot as Robert to start the season when he got injured. If Robert is still making it look this easy in a week, I imagine Renteria will have to stick with him. But he's going to struggle at some point as pitchers learn more about him. Right?

Comment

Working...
                              X