Omar Vizquel being sued for Sexual Harassment from time with Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar Vizquel being sued for Sexual Harassment from time with Birmingham

Former 25 YO autistic batboy claims Vizquel exposed himself several times and made the batboy wash Omar's back in the shower. It was after these claims came to light the Sox parted ways with Vizquel.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ual-harassment
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Disgusting.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
      Disgusting.
      Just got fired from Managing his Mexican league team after two years also. Now maybe he just sucks as a manager, but starting to look like something else is going on.

Comment

I've posted this before, but I always thought he would manage the big-league club someday. Thank God the organization did the wise thing.

Comment

I hope this doesn’t turn into something like what the Blackhawks are dealing with.

Comment

This came up much earlier this year (without details, however). I think it was around the time LaRussa was hired which pretty much shut down the "why LaRussa and not Vizquel?" talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
              This came up much earlier this year (without details, however). I think it was around the time LaRussa was hired which pretty much shut down the "why LaRussa and not Vizquel?" talk.
              Maybe I missed this being in the news, but this is the first I’m hearing of it. Vizquel’s last scandal was for domestic abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Maybe I missed this being in the news, but this is the first I’m hearing of it. Vizquel’s last scandal was for domestic abuse.
                Perhaps that is what I was thinking of.

I need a whiteboad.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

That's mentioned in the article too.

Comment

What a creep.

Comment

I know I don’t have all the information but it sounds the Sox were trying to sweep this under the rug. If so they are as disgusting as Vizquel.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                        I know I don’t have all the information but it sounds the Sox were trying to sweep this under the rug. If so they are as disgusting as Vizquel.
                        I don’t get that vibe. If anything, it looks like the Sox sent him packing without delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                          Am I missing something here? Sounds like the Sox found out about it, fired him, and are letting the legal process play out. Not sure how that is sweeping it under the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                            Am I missing something here? Sounds like the Sox found out about it, fired him, and are letting the legal process play out. Not sure how that is sweeping it under the rug.
                            Agreed. He was fired. What more could/should the Sox have done?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

I don’t get that vibe. If anything, it looks like the Sox sent him packing without delay.
                              The law suit names the Sox and the Barons also. Supposedly the claimant states that his superior and vizquels coaches laughed at the sexual harassment.

Comment

Working...
                              X