Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 8/7/21; Rodon Kneecaps the Northsiders SOX 4 CUBS 0 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 8/7/21; Rodon Kneecaps the Northsiders SOX 4 CUBS 0 Postgamer

    I’m still not terribly impressed with our lineup, or with Tepera for that matter, but when facing the Iowa Cubs, four runs suffice.

  • #2
    White Sox magic number:

    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

    Comment


    • #3
      Get the brooms out of the closet.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

      Comment


      • #4
        I sure wouldn’t mind a nice half-decade stretch of dominance that makes inter-league play finally go away.

        Comment


        • #5
          Solid all around game. Perhaps the "good Bummer" is back?

          2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
            I’m still not terribly impressed with our lineup, or with Tepera for that matter, but when facing the Iowa Cubs, four runs suffice.

            As an old timer, 4 runs, HRs and a pitching gem is like cake and ice cream on your birthday, Wally. And they beat those Northside Knuckleheads.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
              I’m still not terribly impressed with our lineup, or with Tepera for that matter, but when facing the Iowa Cubs, four runs suffice.
              So I'm sitting at the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings in Covington LA yesterday. Finally got the bar maid to switch the game over to the CWS feed and crank up the sound. Then, the guy to my left asks me "are you a Cubs fan?" To which I replied "Hell No!" He just smiled and said his son-in-law was just traded to the White Sox. So I had a nice chat with the newest White Sox fan: Tom Bass. Ryan Tepera's father-in-law.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GeauxSox View Post

                So I'm sitting at the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings in Covington LA yesterday. Finally got the bar maid to switch the game over to the CWS feed and crank up the sound. Then, the guy to my left asks me "are you a Cubs fan?" To which I replied "Hell No!" He just smiled and said his son-in-law was just traded to the White Sox. So I had a nice chat with the newest White Sox fan: Tom Bass. Ryan Tepera's father-in-law.
                That's cool!
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That was as good an overall performance as you are going to get today from the Sox.

                  Well done!

                  Now go for the knockout punch Sunday on national TV on ABC which is doing a MLB game for the first time in 25 years or so. (Al Michaels is supposed to be making an appearance during the broadcast even though he now works for NBC)

                  By the way that's the 10th shutout of the year by the pitching staff.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post


                    As an old timer, 4 runs, HRs and a pitching gem is like cake and ice cream on your birthday, Wally. And they beat those Northside Knuckleheads.

                    BK59
                    Yeah, we had a steady diet of 2-1 and 3-2 nail biters in the GO GO years, 4-0 was a blowout.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-07-2021, 05:05 PM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is the Rodon that i want to see in October . bummer looking good again . trading for Cesar Hernandez seems to be a pretty good call by Hahn . nice recovery by Kimbrel after almost giving up a home run to Contreras.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                        Yeah, we had a steady diet of 2-1 and 3-2 nail biters in the GO GO years, 4-0 was a blowout.
                        Yup, qualified as a slaughter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GeauxSox View Post

                          So I'm sitting at the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings in Covington LA yesterday. Finally got the bar maid to switch the game over to the CWS feed and crank up the sound. Then, the guy to my left asks me "are you a Cubs fan?" To which I replied "Hell No!" He just smiled and said his son-in-law was just traded to the White Sox. So I had a nice chat with the newest White Sox fan: Tom Bass. Ryan Tepera's father-in-law.
                          That’s awesome! May Tepera throw many scoreless innings for us.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great day of pitching, some early offense to make things easier and some late offense to seal the deal.

                            Nice to see Kimbrel and Tepera get some crucial outs against their old squad.





                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                              I sure wouldn’t mind a nice half-decade stretch of dominance that makes inter-league play finally go away.
                              It is permanent because of the math. Odd number of teams in each league means there has to be interleague so ensure everyone gets a game in.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X