*Official 8/4 Nine runs...really?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 8/4 Nine runs...really?*

Biggest thing to come out of tonight's corpseball game is this....four hits. Four. Against a mediocre at best pitcher and a bad pitching staff.

In two games the Sox have a total of nine hits against the Royals.

This offensive slump has been going on for weeks now and doesn't see to be getting much better.

Sox are now 9-10 since the All-Star break.

Seven of those loss have been to the terrible Twins, rancid Royals and incompetent Indians.

Jimenez is now 2-19 in his return. But he's not the only guy struggling, I just brought him up because some were thinking he'd provide an instant jolt to the offense, apparently not.

Try to win the series at least Wednesday guys against a pitcher with an ERA of almost seven.

Giolito took responsibility for the loss in his postgame. Whatever is going on, at least these guys aren't making excuses.

Bad game all-around. Just gotta forget about it and move on to the next one. As much as some wanted to see it, they probably weren't going 9-0 in these upcoming three series.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      Giolito took responsibility for the loss in his postgame. Whatever is going on, at least these guys aren't making excuses.

Bad game all-around. Just gotta forget about it and move on to the next one. As much as some wanted to see it, they probably weren't going 9-0 in these upcoming three series.
      They way they are hitting, they'll be lucky to go 6-3 against garbage.

Comment

I know it's a small sample size, but maybe there is something to be said for having Eloy play more in left
        Batting Pos AB R H RBI BB SO PA
        Eloy Jimenez DH 15 0 0 0 0 6 15
        Eloy Jimenez LF 4 1 2 3 0 0 4
        Eloy Jimenez All 19 1 2 3 0 6 19
        His best game came when he was in the field.

Comment

The good news is that Abreu lit up a 99 mph fastball so there's a chance his problem is a slump not the twilight of a career. Of course last season when the Cubs buzzed him, he homered in 5 of his next 6? at bats. I see no similar response to the beaning this season. And I take back everything good I said about Ruiz being ready for high leverage. And I'm glad Moncada wasn't moved to fill the hole at 2B. If he was, some of you would be blaming it for his offensive collapse. Two months left to light a fire under the offense.
          If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

They way they are hitting, they'll be lucky to go 6-3 against garbage.
            It's not an unwarranted concern. Over the past 15 days, only Texas has a worse team batting average, slugging percentage and OPS in the AL. Ditto with number of hits, runs and RBIs. On-base percentage is a little better but not in the same area code as playoff contenders.

At the same time, we have to remember that these guys only are human, and they don't exist solely to entertain us. Apparently, some people forgot that with Zack Collins:
            https://twitter.com/zackcollins0/sta...35302642700290
            Last edited by thomas35forever; 08-04-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
              The good news is that Abreu lit up a 99 mph fastball so there's a chance his problem is a slump not the twilight of a career. Of course last season when the Cubs buzzed him, he homered in 5 of his next 6? at bats. I see no similar response to the beaning this season. And I take back everything good I said about Ruiz being ready for high leverage. And I'm glad Moncada wasn't moved to fill the hole at 2B. If he was, some of you would be blaming it for his offensive collapse. Two months left to light a fire under the offense.
              TLR recently said that Robert needed more at bats before he got called up, given how Jimenez has played since his call up TLR may be on to something and that should go for Grandal as well who was taking BP before the snooze fest tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                I know it's a small sample size, but maybe there is something to be said for having Eloy play more in left
                Batting Pos AB R H RBI BB SO PA
                Eloy Jimenez DH 15 0 0 0 0 6 15
                Eloy Jimenez LF 4 1 2 3 0 0 4
                Eloy Jimenez All 19 1 2 3 0 6 19
                His best game came when he was in the field.
                The Sox are between a rock and a hard place with him. Maybe he does/will hit better when playing the outfield but how long does he go before he injuries himself again seriously because of his comical follies? Or worse hurt someone else in the outfield?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Giolito stunk up the place but the offense has been MIA since the All Star break. Shake up the lineup, try something different or just pull names out of hat.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Giolito stunk up the place but the offense has been MIA since the All Star break. Shake up the lineup, try something different or just pull names out of hat.
                    This ineptitude is getting old. We old farts get it living thru pop gun offenses. Been there done that, but when you have a line up full of hammers and they disappoint on a regular basis, it’s maddening as ****.

At this point Coach Nell your idea is not that outrageous.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

This ineptitude is getting old. We old farts get it living thru pop gun offenses. Been there done that, but when you have a line up full of hammers and they disappoint on a regular basis, it’s maddening as ****.

At this point Coach Nell your idea is not that outrageous.

BK59
                      I'm just worried right now that this team makes the playoffs but then it's 3 and out.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

I'm just worried right now that this team makes the playoffs but then it's 3 and out.
                        That's something that's been in the back of my mind all season, although i try not to think about it . i'm not concerned about Jimenez or Robert, as i never expected them to come back and lite it up . it takes time to adjust to playing again and get your timing back . Vaughn and now Anderson seem fine, but not sure what to make of Abreu and Moncada right now . i still think that things will stabilize and be fine, but right now i'm looking ahead to that stretch of games between the 14th and the 26th . i'm very interested to see how this team reacts to playing so many games against some of the AL's best.

Comment

That’s just it….. It’s only gonna get tougher come crunch time. If you can’t manufacture runs against bums, it’s gonna get a helluva lot tougher when teams start to turn the screws.

9.5 games is a sweet lead and I should bebut, I’d rather be watching my team hit and win instead of hoping another team has to lose.

BK59

Comment

The optimist in me believes they're all coincidentally hitting slumps at the same time and the statistical likelihood of this continuing for another month and a half is low. TA, Moncada, Abreu, and Eloy have all proven they're capable of hitting at very high levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                              Biggest thing to come out of tonight's corpseball game is this....four hits. Four. Against a mediocre at best pitcher and a bad pitching staff.

In two games the Sox have a total of nine hits against the Royals.

Jimenez is now 2-19 in his return. But he's not the only guy struggling, I just brought him up because some were thinking he'd provide an instant jolt to the offense, apparently not.
                              Of those 9 hits in the last two games, TA has 4 of them. Good news about Tim but disappointing for the rest of the team. However, Abreu is looking better and Vaughn is Vaughn.

Hopefully, Eloy will get his timing back soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X