*Official* 7/31 One Safety Short Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/31 One Safety Short Postgamer

That really should have been a win, but sometimes, an opponent just gets hot on a given night.

Words absolutely fail me.

Since the Houston series in Chicago this team simply hasn't played well, something if wrong, something is off.

Like I said words fail me after tonight.

Just stunning.

Comment

Sooner or later these guys gotta play like they give a ****. Top 6 in the lineup 5-28, and Jose’s single probably is a double play with a better ss out there

Comment

Another bullpen implosion . Bad pitching . bad defense . some bad luck . just an ugly ugly game . but Seby Zavala, have yourself a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
          Another bullpen implosion . Bad pitching . bad defense . some bad luck . just an ugly ugly game . but Seby Zavala, have yourself a day.
          They've been playing basically nothing but ugly games since the start of the Minnesota series, now they can't even beat bad/mediocre teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
            Sooner or later these guys gotta play like they give a ****. Top 6 in the lineup 5-28, and Jose’s single probably is a double play with a better ss out there
            Somethings gotta give. You don’t get up on a team like they did and then turn into total merde with the flip of a switch. Yup, the lumber has to start smoking or they’ll have to commit the lot of us if this crap continues.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

They've been playing basically nothing but ugly games since the start of the Minnesota series, now they can't even beat bad/mediocre teams.
              We're looking at one of two things here:

1) A bad stretch.

2) A team that played over its head for three-and-a-half months before its true mediocre self emerged but still found itself with a sizable lead in the division.

If it's the latter, well, all you can do is laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

We're looking at one of two things here:

1) A bad stretch.

2) A team that played over its head for three-and-a-half months before its true mediocre self emerged but still found itself with a sizable lead in the division.

If it's the latter, well, all you can do is laugh.
                If it is #2 then they are going to have a very short October stay.

Now according to the White Sox web site TLR said they hope Jimenez can play on August 3. The guy can't stay healthy. Giolito was right you don't know what's going to happen when the injured guys come back until they show they are OK and can perform up to their capabilities.

What killed me tonight was if I remember right the Indians scored four runs off Kopech with two out in the inning and again the only two players on the entire team worth a damn Ramirez and Reyes keep getting pitches to hit and keep driving in runs.
                Last edited by Lipman 1; 07-31-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                  That really should have been a win, but sometimes, an opponent just gets hot on a given night.
                  Our drive to the fence with runners in scoring position got snagged. Their drive to the fence with runners in scoring position bounced off a glove and fell to the ground. Woulda coulda shoulda.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Seby becomes the first player in MLB history to hit his first three HR in the same game. His OPS is currently ~200 points higher than Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                      Well said on all points. And everybody (almost) we sent to the mound got hit hard. Feet of clay for quite a few of our idols.
                      If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                        Seby becomes the first player in MLB history to hit his first three HR in the same game. His OPS is currently ~200 points higher than Collins.
                        Before tonight it was ~240 points lower.

Comment

Our drive to the fence with runners in scoring position got snagged. Their drive to the fence with runners in scoring position bounced off a glove and fell to the ground. Woulda coulda shoulda.
                          Those Three Stunods show up in Sox Land like the Stooges at a New Jersey diner. Like Nell said, we’re used to this sort of crappola as Sox fans.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

Those Three Stunods show up in Sox Land like the Stooges at a New Jersey diner. Like Nell said, we’re used to this sort of crappola as Sox fans.

BK59
                            Personally I'm not used to the Sox having an 8 game lead in late July as we head for our second straight playoff appearance.

Comment

Personally I'm not used to the Sox having an 8 game lead in late July as we head for our second straight playoff appearance.
                              Don’t tease me Voodo… Using those words Sox and second straight in the same sentence. I’m happy they’re where they are, but bejebus they ain’t making it easy on this old man.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X