*OFFICIAL* 7/30/21 Winning Sloppy; SOX 6 CLE 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 7/30/21 Winning Sloppy; SOX 6 CLE 4 Postgamer

Despite 11 hits, 6 walks, and 2 HBPs, we leave the bases juiced thrice and still win thanks to Cleveland sucking more. Tepera did not impress. At least Hendriks is fired up.

Magic Number is now

"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Take your wins however you can get them. Wasn't pretty, but it counts all the same.

Comment

Special mention to Ruiz for bailing out Tepera.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
          Special mention to Ruiz for bailing out Tepera.
          He earned that win for sure.

Comment

Hey we scored 6 in a while....nice to just get back to 9 games up....hope Jose is ok and ready to go...Nice to see Tony running at his age, but he better be careful too....personally, I thought Cleveland was classy about it.

Comment

I don't know what the hell was so funny to Tepera after giving up the homerun. That was bull****. Team played like **** and need to get their heads out of their asses here. This has been a sustained period of bad baseball. I'd rather they go through it now rather than October but man it's hard to watch. As always though the only statistic that matters in the end is the W so let's take the series tomorrow.

Comment

Wow - when was the last time every other team in the AL Central lost on the same night as a Sox win?
                My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Ruiz and Hendriks and just enough Offense even if it came in weird ways. Hope we don't have to rely on your MVP getting beaned or Moncada bouncing one off the CF for a HR too often to get wins.

How about TLR? 80+ YO and ready to throw down with a 20 something catcher in full gear to defend his guy.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                    I don't know what the hell was so funny to Tepera after giving up the homerun. That was bull****. Team played like **** and need to get their heads out of their asses here. This has been a sustained period of bad baseball. I'd rather they go through it now rather than October but man it's hard to watch. As always though the only statistic that matters in the end is the W so let's take the series tomorrow.
                    I'm chalking up Tepera tonight to nerves (at least I hope so, he's in an adult league now). But I agree with you and Frater, this was sloppy, very sloppy and a good team doesn't let them off the hook.

You take the win of course and I was actually encouraged to see the 11 hits, nice change from what we've been seeing lately.

Also one other thing Thank God for batting helmets...Jose is one tough dude.

Also still wondering if anyone has read or heard any update on Jimenez...like I posted the last I read TLR said they were waiting for test results Thursday before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                      Ruiz and Hendriks and just enough Offense even if it came in weird ways. Hope we don't have to rely on your MVP getting beaned or Moncada bouncing one off the CF for a HR too often to get wins.

How about TLR? 80+ YO and ready to throw down with a 20 something catcher in full gear to defend his guy.

According to several takes I've seen on social media he is somehow the bad guy in all of this because in the moment he was heated up and concerned for his player. Give me a break. I get a lot of the media and fans didn't want him to be hired (myself included) but some of the hate he gets is completely unjustified.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

According to several takes I've seen on social media he is somehow the bad guy in all of this because in the moment he was heated up and concerned for his player. Give me a break. I get a lot of the media and fans didn't want him to be hired (myself included) but some of the hate he gets is completely unjustified.
                        **** 'em.

I'll add this also... The team saw that. The team saw their manager ready to run through whatever wall there was in front of his old ass to defend them and theirs. That **** pays dividends down the road, believe it. Anyone criticizing TLR about that has never managed a single person in their entire life let alone something as complex and ego driven as a professional sports team. TLR got the teams back. Team will have his and me personally, I'm all in...

I repeat... **** 'em...
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Just saw this on Jimenez from TLR:

“Got my fingers crossed,” La Russa said. “Let’s see how he feels tomorrow when he gets here. It will be a day to day thing, if it lingers, then maybe you have to consider [a trip to the injured list]. Right now, we're hoping we can get it fixed.”

It would be so Eloy to go back on the IL after only a few games, guy just can't stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I'm chalking up Tepera tonight to nerves (at least I hope so, he's in an adult league now). But I agree with you and Frater, this was sloppy, very sloppy and a good team doesn't let them off the hook.

You take the win of course and I was actually encouraged to see the 11 hits, nice change from what we've been seeing lately.

Also one other thing Thank God for batting helmets...Jose is one tough dude.

Also still wondering if anyone has read or heard any update on Jimenez...like I posted the last I read TLR said they were waiting for test results Thursday before the game.
                            On Tepera, during Katz's visit to the mound, the umpire, not Katz, called for a reliever. I'm thinking along with you along the nervous breakdown road. Not an auspicious debut, to say the least. The booing from the stands? Welcome to the South Side, Ryan Tepera.

The silver lining? Welcome to high leverage, Jose Ruiz.
                            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Just saw the Indians postgame comments on Quick Pitch. Interesting to say the least. Perez said he understood TLR was defending his players but he shouldn't have pushed him, they weren't trying to throw at Jose.

Reyes however was a belligerent ass, stridently saying they weren't throwing at Jose and if the Sox hit him, "they are going to have a big problem."

**** him.

I hope they do throw at him nail him right in the ribs.

TLR explained why he got so upset to the Sun-Times:

“But the ball was called in and that guy is really a good pitcher but today his command was not there,” La Russa said. “And it’s a scary situation so that was why I was upset because you called a ball in and the guy didn’t have his command and our guy got popped.”

“You hit our man,” Tim Anderson said. “They were throwing up and in all night. You’re brushing guys off the plate the whole game and of course we’re going to get mad at that situation. That’s one of our big guys."

Lynce Lynn had some strong words too saying the Sox are noticing a pattern where opponents would rather hit Jose than pitch to him and see what happens:

“That’s what we’re starting to see, and that’s not who we are as a team to let him just sit there and take it.”

Comment

Working...
                              X