Nick Madrigal Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Madrigal Appreciation Thread

So long, Nicky Two-Strikes. Too bad injuries cut short his time with the Sox.

I'm not debating the merits of the trade here, but I'm going to miss him. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a fan favorite for the Bad Guys.
    White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

He was on his way to becoming one of my all time favorite Sox players. I hate that he is going to be a Cub.
    I liked Nicky so much that in all my years he is the first guy that the Sox traded to the Cubs that I hope has a great career.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-30-2021, 02:26 PM.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

His contact skills are going to thrive with Wrigley’s deep corners and ivy walls; he’ll also get some wind-blown homers into the Tru-Link “Sandberg Basket.”

I really had looked forward to his throwback style for many years to come with the Sox, so I wish him well (except when he faces the Sox).

Hopefully the only ring he ever wins is the one we’ll give him when the Sox and Cubs play next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        His contact skills are going to thrive with Wrigley’s deep corners and ivy walls; he’ll also get some wind-blown homers into the Tru-Link “Sandberg Basket.”

I really had looked forward to his throwback style for many years to come with the Sox, so I wish him well (except when he faces the Sox).

Hopefully the only ring he ever wins is the one we’ll give him when the Sox and Cubs play next year.
        These are exactly my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          He was on his way to becoming one of my all time favorite Sox players. I hate that he is going to be a Cub.
          I liked Nicky so much that in all my years he is the first guy that the Sox traded to the Cubs that I hope has a great career.
          I literally just told my cub friends this.

Comment

Hope he does well with the Cubs, loved his hustle and style of play.

Comment

Thanks for the solid rookie play, Two-Strikes. Loved your style of play. I’ll continue to root for you, even in that uniform.
              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post
                Thanks for the solid rookie play, Two-Strikes. Loved your style of play. I’ll continue to root for you, even in that uniform.
                Just the thought of him in those clown pajamas makes me sick.

Comment

I enjoyed watching Nick play in his limited time on the South Side. I wish him all the best unless he's playing against the White Sox.
                  “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

We'll trade back for him next year.

Comment

A very very small blurb in Sox history

Comment

Madrigal was becoming the best White Sox second baseman of my lifetime, better than Durham, or my favorite Jorge Orta from a long time ago. I hope Hahn is happy with himself come November.

Comment

Nick was my favorite player. I love bat contact and his "baseball smarts" was often overlooked. He will be the Cubs 2Bman for years to come. Good luck, Nicky 2 strikes.

Comment

In less than a year in the majors, Nick Madrigal became more than just a rookie, he became a phenomenon. Whether you thought Nick Madrigal was baseball's savior, the second coming of Nellie Fox, or a league average player, odds are you thought something of him. Multiple threads on WSI were devoted into arguments about how good Nick Madrigal was. An entire series of articles on Fangraphs was devoted to whether or not Nick Madrigal was good. Nick Madrigal was perhaps the most talked-about Sox rookie in years. And surely he will continue to be talked about on the north side.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

Comment

Even in a year where the White Sox are running away with the division, i thought that watching Nick Madrigal develop was a highlight and bright spot in the year for me . love the way that he makes contact, turns the lineup over, and has a good baseball IQ . he was getting more comfortable on the base paths and at playing his position in the big leagues, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the All Star game someday . good luck on the north side.

Comment

Working...
                              X