*OFFICIAL* 7/29/21 Postgamer Knightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 7/29/21 Postgamer Knightmare

Royals beat the Charlotte Knights today, a disgrace with the team we put on the field today.
    I had a tooth pulled today but the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Royals pains me more.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Thank God for the trades, or this day would have been completely forgettable.

Comment

A 3 hour game, that felt more like 4 1/2 . had the feel of a spring training game . i'm sure that things will look better tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
        A 3 hour game, that felt more like 4 1/2 . had the feel of a spring training game . i'm sure that things will look better tomorrow night.
        It can't be any worse, can it?

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

It can't be any worse, can it?
          Being there in-person would have been worse. 99 degrees out there…

Comment

We're a Gavin Sheets walk off, Lance Lynn 2 run bloop single and Eloy 9th inning blast away from losing 10 of our last 11 games vs. MIN, MILW, KC.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
              We're a Gavin Sheets walk off, Lance Lynn 2 run bloop single and Eloy 9th inning blast away from losing 10 of our last 11 games vs. MIN, MILW, KC.
              This stretch likely was Cleveland’s best chance to catch us, and they gained no traction whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

This stretch likely was Cleveland’s best chance to catch us, and they gained no traction whatsoever.
                Stone pointed out during the broadcast that the Sox have the exact same lead they had at the All-Star break. That being the case with two more weeks off the calendar is a good thing.

Comment

Weeks off the calendar is good, but this team needs to find ways to make contact with the baseball. I feel like I’ve seen us trying to pull every pitch and missing low and away constantly. I love him but Jose is in a slump. TA is in a slump, and the top of the order has been completely off the basebaths and no run support. Team needs to wake up and start making contact again.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Stone pointed out during the broadcast that the Sox have the exact same lead they had at the All-Star break. That being the case with two more weeks off the calendar is a good thing.
                    At least there's that.

Comment

Royals beat the Charlotte Knights today, a disgrace with the team we put on the field today.
                      I had a tooth pulled today but the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Royals pains me more.
                      Real pathetic series. I’m lost for words and that’s says a lot coming from a muse like me. To correct you though Nell, I wouldn’t degrade the Knights with such a putrid comparison. The Royals embarrassed the Bad New Bears.

Comment

At least there's that.
                        I’m supposed be watching a 1st place team after “The All Star Break” play like a 1st place team, not one playing like the first week of Spring Training.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                          Very true, very true.

Comment

When I saw the "Jerry Manuel Sunday Get-Away Day" lineup I knew they'd have trouble against a garbage pitcher...but this was "corpseball" at its finest.

6-8 since the All-Star break (and they haven't been playing the caliber of teams they are going to be meeting in just a few weeks), have scored 17 runs in the last eight games against pitchers who outside of Milwaukee have been getting abused most of the season and are 3-5 against the Twins/Royals, teams they were beating regularly earlier in the year.

It would behoove them to get their heads out of their asses starting tomorrow night. They have a chance to put Cleveland away...if the Indians have a good weekend they can start to crawl back into this.

I don't know, maybe the trade deadline has some of the guys spooked although why that would be I can't say...basically 98% of the players weren't even going to be considered by the Sox to be dealt.

Oh by the way, the Sox face these same "Cy" Royals pitchers next week.

2-5 on the road trip...just flat out bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

I’m supposed be watching a 1st place team after “The All Star Break” play like a 1st place team, not one playing like the first week of Spring Training.
                              Agree with you, the division isn't won yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X