Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 7/27/21 Eloy Flashes Leather Early; Blasts ICBM Late SOX 5 KC 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 7/27/21 Eloy Flashes Leather Early; Blasts ICBM Late SOX 5 KC 3 Postgamer

Another win with multiple HRs. Cease with the quality start. Nice relief innings from Lopez and Kopech; clean save by Hendriks. Other than the Vaughn error in RF, this was a crisp game.

Magic Number is now

"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Say hello to my little friend .. BOOM . and Eloy looks like he's moving much better in the field . Kopech was unhittable . nice win.

Comment

Big game by Eloy, it was good to see him playing better in LF. Glad they won.

Comment

Thank you Mike Matheny!

Comment

This was Eloy's night all the way. Hope to have many more of those from him this season.

Comment

I'm worried about Kopech. It took three strikes to every batter he faced to strike them out.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                Magic Number is now

Loved those uniforms. Wish the Sox had a Gossage type right now...

Some game by Eloy who saved them because they did nothing against another mediocre starting pitcher.

6th game this year the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won...and it's the 3rd time they've done it in the past eight days!

TLR talked with reporters about "distractions" in reference to the trade deadline coming up. Don't know if he was mentioning that because of the past week and how things have gone.

Merkin wrote that the Sox "still have a solid chance to add a relief pitcher or two and maybe even a second baseman before Friday" but TLR doesn't want anything to take away from the here and now.
                Last edited by Lipman 1; 07-27-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                  Say hello to my little friend .. BOOM . and Eloy looks like he's moving much better in the field . Kopech was unhittable . nice win.
                  Must have done a lot of running while he was on the shelf. Faster on the bases and in LF, a little trimmer. Never did take bad routes. I'm glad he didn't lay out on that shoestring catch. Gotta take care of the baseball machine. Oh, I forgot the moonshot. That is one powerful HR stroke. OK, a mention of Sheets's too. Compact swing, never gonna hit the ball as far as Eloy, but one strong guy. Reminds me of AJ, another strong lefty with a compact swing. Lopez, I think he's being showcased, but maybe it's a case of bringing up bullpen arms until you find one who sucks less. And he does suck less than some of the younger guys we thought were solid but aren't.
                  If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Hi Mom!
                    White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
                      Hi Mom!
                      Hi Mom Indeed!

Very fun win. Felt like a collective load came off the team when that ball left the park. So much energy tonight. I think this is the beginning of a nice run.

That ball was crushed...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Nice gesture by Eloy:

"Jiménez dedicated the blast to Brady Nelson, a 12-year-old who is “kicking cancer’s butt,” according to a tweet from the White Sox. The moment came at the end of Jiménez’s joyous postgame Zoom session.

“Brady, that was for you,” Jiménez said. “I told you when I get back and I hit my first homer it was going to be for you. So, for you, my man. Get better.”

Comment

Reminds me of that blast Clutch Crede hit at home at the end of the 2005 season, as I remember, it changed our season. Wished I could find it

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                            I'm worried about Kopech. It took three strikes to every batter he faced to strike them out.
                            Something needs to be done.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                              Thank you Mike Matheny!
                              Why on earth would they ever walk Abreu for Eloy? What a dumb move by Matheny. If I were a Royals fan I'd be livid. All they had to do was throw 3 straight breaking pitches to Abreu and he'd be out.

Whatever. Good job Eloy!

Comment

Working...
                              X