X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox Roster Moves Thread Part II...

Here ye be...

Fegan tweeted that TLR said he “expects Eloy Jiménez to be in Kansas City tomorrow, and expects to put him in the lineup” in either DH or LF, but “does not anticipate that he will take at-bats away from Andrew Vaughn.” TLR also said, “Vaughn is swinging as well as anyone and “we’re trying to win games.””

Comment

Fegan has not (yet?) tweeted about the corresponding roster move to make space for Eloy.

I think it ought to be Burger, since Sheets’ LH power bat is more useful.

Comment

My Boyfriend's Back - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
          Fegan has not (yet?) tweeted about the corresponding roster move to make space for Eloy.

I think it ought to be Burger, since Sheets’ LH power bat is more useful.
          No, the two rookies stay. They thump.

Bye bye, Brian Goodwin. It was fun while it lasted, but let's get real. You suck, and I would rather see you gone before you turn back into a frog. Maybe somebody will flip us a similarly superfluous pitcher in exchange.

Comment

I'd have to imagine it's Hamilton that goes down. I can also see one of Burger or Sheets so that they can get more regular ABs because I don't see Eloy or Vaughn getting too many days off.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, either/both Goodwin or/and Hamilton would have the contractual right to reject assignment to the minor leagues.

Sheets and Burger, on the other hand, remain on their rookie contracts and the Sox have options remaining for them.

Comment

Maybe a trade gets announced by tomorrow making all of our predictions incorrect.

Comment

More things that point to Eloy returning, he's not playing today in Charlotte.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Well they need something to help the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                      No, the two rookies stay. They thump.

Bye bye, Brian Goodwin. It was fun while it lasted, but let's get real. You suck, and I would rather see you gone before you turn back into a frog. Maybe somebody will flip us a similarly superfluous pitcher in exchange.
                      Goodwin isn’t going anywhere. Hamilton isn’t going anywhere. The only choice is Jake Burger. There aren’t at bats for him with Eloy back.

If your prediction that Goodwin falls off a cliff comes true, the Sox could DFA him then, not at a time that he is the best hitter on the team against RHP.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Goodwin isn’t going anywhere. Hamilton isn’t going anywhere. The only choice is Jake Burger. There aren’t at bats for him with Eloy back.

If your prediction that Goodwin falls off a cliff comes true, the Sox could DFA him then, not at a time that he is the best hitter on the team against RHP.
                        Yuck.

Competence and averageness gets you jack **** in October. It’s all about star power, and Goodwin has none.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Yuck.

Competence and averageness gets you jack **** in October. It’s all about star power, and Goodwin has none.
                          Jake Burger does? He’s got like 40 major league at bats. He’s had a good year and he’s off to a decent start to his career, but come on.

And most importantly, who are you sitting to get Burger in the lineup? Vaughn, Moncada, or Eloy?

Comment

Jake Burger does? He’s got like 40 major league at bats. He’s had a good year and he’s off to a decent start to his career, but come on.

And most importantly, who are you sitting to get Burger in the lineup? Vaughn, Moncada, or Eloy?
                            We don’t need Hamilton and Goodwin. A .753 OPS since July and league-average corner OF defense do ****ing nothing for me.

Burger has done nothing but rake since he’s been here. Give him a chance. The guy has top-10-overall baseball talent. Goodwin is a ****ing career backup outfielder on a team that already has five of them.

Comment

Leury.

Comment

Working...
                              X