*Official* 7/21 Perpetual Losers Wins Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/21 Perpetual Losers Wins Postgamer

Very strange night for the Sox. A loss seems fitting.

Whatever. Get the split tomorrow.

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
    Very strange night for the Sox. A loss seems fitting.

Whatever. Get the split tomorrow.
    Sox split the 4 game series. The Twins won the book end games and the Sox won the middle games. Next game for the Sox is Friday in Milwaukee.

Comment

Lucky to not have been swept over these 4 games so I'll take the split and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post

Sox split the 4 game series. The Twins won the book end games and the Sox won the middle games. Next game for the Sox is Friday in Milwaukee.
        You're right. Not sure what I was thinking there.

Comment

A split is OK I guess, still have a nice 8 1/2 game lead.

Rest up and get the pitching staff aligned for what should be a tough series against a very good Milwaukee team. Hope a lot of Sox fans are able to make the drive up to see them. Back in the early 90's when the Sox were good they'd flock there by the thousands for those games.

The downer tonight? The bullpen once again failed to keep the game close. It's been a constant theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Rest up and get the pitching staff aligned for what should be a tough series against a very good Milwaukee team. Hope a lot of Sox fans are able to make the drive up to see them. Back in the early 90's when the Sox were good they'd flock there by the thousands for those games.
            I'll be driving up Saturday with my fiancee. My only other time at what is now American Family Field was Buehrle's home run game. I also saw the Sox at County Stadium mere days after the construction accident that killed those workers.

Comment

As Umpire Scorecards shows, the Sox continue to be among the top most-victimized teams by inconsistent and arbitrary home plate umpiring.

Last night was no different. Cease had numerous strikes called balls. The Twins starter had numerous balls - in adjacent locations - called strikes. This caused Cease - who didn’t have his best command anyway - to have to throw more pitches, which in turn brought the bullpen in earlier.

I understand Heuer didn’t pitch well (after holding Minnesota scoreless in his previous appearances and recording two quick outs before the walk that led to his downfall), and that the lineup was moribund.

But it’s getting really tiresome to see umpires in general consistently **** the Sox.

Comment

The downer tonight? The bullpen once again failed to keep the game close. It's been a constant theme.
                Dylan gave up three runs. It was over by the time the Bullpen came in to pitch BP. Cease did not really have it last night. He has not been as consistent as we would like him to be from one start to the next. His next game is against KC, hopefully he gets it back by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                  As Umpire Scorecards shows, the Sox continue to be among the top most-victimized teams by inconsistent and arbitrary home plate umpiring.

Last night was no different. Cease had numerous strikes called balls. The Twins starter had numerous balls - in adjacent locations - called strikes. This caused Cease - who didn’t have his best command anyway - to have to throw more pitches, which in turn brought the bullpen in earlier.

I understand Heuer didn’t pitch well (after holding Minnesota scoreless in his previous appearances and recording two quick outs before the walk that led to his downfall), and that the lineup was moribund.

But it’s getting really tiresome to see umpires in general consistently **** the Sox.
                  Part of it (most of it, likely) is due to Collins. He's a really bad receiver and watching him behind the plate more than half the games right now is painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    Dylan gave up three runs. It was over by the time the Bullpen came in to pitch BP. Cease did not really have it last night. He has not been as consistent as we would like him to be from one start to the next. His next game is against KC, hopefully he gets it back by then.
                    I don't see how you can call a 3-1 game "over" but that's your choice. All I know is it is a hell of a lot easier to come back down 3-1, then say 6-1.

Comment

Constant theme? Which theme are you referring to here? The one that the bullpen can't keep games close or the one where they blow leads late in games? They are 58-38. I don't have the time or energy (nor do I really care because I don't have an ax to grind) to go through every game, but I am willing to bet that less than 50% of those 38 losses were caused by the bullpen. The constant complaining about the bullpen is getting really tiresome. I swear there are some of you that think a bullpen is supposed to be perfect every single time it's used.

Comment

I don't see how you can call a 3-1 game "over" but that's your choice. All I know is it is a hell of a lot easier to come back down 3-1, then say 6-1.
                        A 3-1 game wouldn't be "over" after 9 innings?

Comment

We started making trips up there in 1978 through the 80s. Always left early so we could have a good German meal at Maders or Karl Ratzsch's in Downtown on Wisconsin Ave.
                          There was always a good contingent of Sox fans on hand.
                          It stunk when they moved the Brewers to the NL, it gave the Cubs 2 huge rivalries in their own Division. I know back in the days of old Comiskey, Brewer fans did not come down to Chicago in great numbers, not even close to the amount of Sox fans that flocked up to Milwaukee.
                          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-22-2021, 02:23 PM.
                          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

Constant theme? Which theme are you referring to here? The one that the bullpen can't keep games close or the one where they blow leads late in games? They are 58-38. I don't have the time or energy (nor do I really care because I don't have an ax to grind) to go through every game, but I am willing to bet that less than 50% of those 38 losses were caused by the bullpen. The constant complaining about the bullpen is getting really tiresome. I swear there are some of you that think a bullpen is supposed to be perfect every single time it's used.
                            Really just one person.

Yes the bullpen could use another arm, but no they shouldn't be expected to be flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

The bullpen is bad...you know it, I know it, Hahn knows it and most realistic fans here know it.

Right now you can count on two guys Hendriks and Kopech, that's all.

If you are comfortable going into an October playoff series with that, OK.

I'm not and many others aren't either. But...to each his own.

Here's the thing it's possible if (when?) Hahn makes moves and gets help they could be just as bad or even worse than the guys right now. Absolutely no guarantees. However to me Bummer, Foster, Heuer, Marshall and at times Crochet have had plenty of chances to show consistency or to come close to what they did say last year. For whatever reason its not happening. So rather than hope they figure it out and make some improvements you make moves and take your chances on guys with a clean slate with the Sox.

As always I enjoy hearing the thoughts of my good friend KOBO. (Sorry I had to steal that line from "The Magnificent Seven" )
                              Last edited by Lipman 1; 07-22-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X