Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yermin Mercedes retires and then unretires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yermin Mercedes retires and then unretires...

This is in the minor league thread, but thought it deserved its own.

This Instagram post seems to indicate that the Yerminator is hanging it up. Very strange turn of events for him.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRnIVcTMg7e/

Here's the translation per Google Translate:
    First of all I want to thank God for giving my life to the fans that without them I was nothing to my family for understanding me and always supporting Daniel szew for getting ahead, and incidentally apologizing to all those who have offended me. immaturity to the members of the radio, television and press .. to all the teams that participated for not tolerating their decisions to anyone who as a human being I have failed I apologize and in this way I am away from baseball indefinitely ..! God bless you
    Last edited by thomas35forever; 07-21-2021, 09:02 PM.

If this is the Appreciation Thread…

Thanks, Yermin, for carrying the offense for a month, and providing some really fun memories.

Comment

This is strange!!

Comment

I'm glad I got to eat a Yerminator burger and see a Yermin Mercedes home run in person while I had the opportunity. We'll never forget April 2021 because of the big guy.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

This is a little alarming...I hope someone is doing a check and talk with him to make sure he's ok...he was doing well since his send down....I really thought he was either coming back up or trade bait for another team...

Comment

He specifically mentions the media. I wonder if that is American media, or is it possibly Dominican media?

Comment

When Mercedes was on the club Ozzie called him double cheeseburger and also mentioned puig in reference to him. Ozzie knows things.

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                This is a little alarming...I hope someone is doing a check and talk with him to make sure he's ok...he was doing well since his send down....I really thought he was either coming back up or trade bait for another team...
                Agree. Hope he's okay and that he changes his mind.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Honestly he should consider catching on with a South Korean team. He would rake and be a star over there.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
                    Honestly he should consider catching on with a South Korean team. He would rake and be a star over there.
                    I doubt his mind is anywhere near that area code right now. Let him figure things out on a personal level now. Baseball can come later.

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                      Originally posted by Chez View Post

Agree. Hope he's okay and that he changes his mind.
                      Yeah, I hope he's alright. "We wish him the best" is a nice sentiment, but hopefully someone is able to follow up with him to make sure he's doing okay in his personal life.
                      White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post

Yeah, I hope he's alright. "We wish him the best" is a nice sentiment, but hopefully someone is able to follow up with him to make sure he's doing okay in his personal life.
                        In the Tribune this morning, Tony LaRussa was interviewed on the subject and said he would be checking in on Yermin today to reassure him and to try to convince him that he has a future in the majors.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

He was the king of the world for a month, and now he is back to the minor leagues where he had spent 10 long years. Rationally, we can all say "his life is not so bad, he might get called back up to the Sox or catch on in Korea/Japan" but I'm sure that rapid rise and fall takes a mental toll. Especially if he blames himself or thinks he was unfairly treated.
                          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                          -- Thucydides

Comment

This has now popped up on mlbtraderumors - https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicago-white-sox

Comment

He's baaack!

Comment

Working...
                              X