X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumpjerry
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I agree the strike zone has been huge. I wonder if it's a mandate to make games go faster.
    He was missing balls and strikes, not just balls.

Leave a comment:

• VenturaBlvd
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I agree the strike zone has been huge. I wonder if it's a mandate to make games go faster.
    I was wondering that myself. I guess I can't blame them for not wanting to be out there any longer than necessary, but it's still frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• KW1989
    replied
    Just need to say, I've been really impressed with Engel so far. I don't necessarily think he'll keep this up, but he's shown a better approach at the plate with more power than he has the last couple of years. If he can become even an *average* hitter to go with his other tools, he's an excellent fourth outfielder and maybe even more than that--I'm not sure that Mazara is even a better option at this point. But we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by VenturaBlvd View Post

I feel like there has been bad home plate umpiring all week long.

Leave a comment:

• VenturaBlvd
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    The graphic said last five years.

Halfway through the Second inning, I texted by buddy that the Home Plate Ump drank a Fifth of Vodka before the game, he got about 25% of his calls wrong.
    I feel like there has been bad home plate umpiring all week long.

Leave a comment:

• Dumpjerry
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

During the game they showed a graphic on the team’s recent performance against starters making their MLB debut. I think they’re now 8-1 in their last 9 games. Maybe the Sox struggling against guys they’ve never seen before is just a myth or PTSD from a decade ago?
    The graphic said last five years.

Halfway through the Second inning, I texted by buddy that the Home Plate Ump drank a Fifth of Vodka before the game, he got about 25% of his calls wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Frater Perdurabo
    replied
    The problem with the offense has been the lack of production from the anticipated middle of the order veteran hitters: Abreu, Encarnación, and Grandal.

Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, Robert, and even backups like Leury, McCann, and Engel, have been fine.

Leave a comment:

• BigKlu59
    replied
    PTSD from multiple decades. Ring the bell for Pavlov’s dogs.

BK59

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownTrojan
    replied
    It’s ironic that before the game everyone was praising the lineup as being the strongest one so far of the season, and then they win a tight 3-2 game riding the pitching. Keuchel and the pitching we’re great.

Abreu has another huge defensive play in the 9th down the line to save a double and maybe the game.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownTrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
    Hey they beat the damn Royals. That in itself is enough for me. That they didn’t lose to a first time hurler is a bonus. Time was we made these unknowns look like Bob Feller.

BK59
    During the game they showed a graphic on the team’s recent performance against starters making their MLB debut. I think they’re now 8-1 in their last 9 games. Maybe the Sox struggling against guys they’ve never seen before is just a myth or PTSD from a decade ago?

Leave a comment:

• BigKlu59
    replied
    Hey they beat the damn Royals. That in itself is enough for me. That they didn’t lose to a first time hurler is a bonus. Time was we made these unknowns look like Bob Feller.

BK59

Leave a comment:

• Krs1
    replied
    The offense is of no concern to me. SPs have to step up and be strong.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
    Honestly this was a game a good team wins. Been a very long time since I can say that. Very early, but I think they aren't close to their potential yet. They literally just need one of 3-5 in the rotation to be consistent, and they are in the playoffs.
    Offense is going to improve as the season goes along too. Right now we are still not getting much from EE or Grandal for example and Abreu hasn't done anything with RISP which is his specialty. Mazara has yet to play and Madrigal just got here.

Beyond that we've had a ton of hard hit balls find gloves this first week. When that starts to even out the offense will start racking up runs.

Leave a comment:

• ChiSoxNationPres
    replied
    Honestly this was a game a good team wins. Been a very long time since I can say that. Very early, but I think they aren't close to their potential yet. They literally just need one of 3-5 in the rotation to be consistent, and they are in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Take the win. Engel got a fat mistake and drilled it. Pitching was good enough.

Back to .500 tomorrow? Let's get the bats heated up. Some of these rockets have to start finding holes, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X