Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    The graphic said last five years.

Halfway through the Second inning, I texted by buddy that the Home Plate Ump drank a Fifth of Vodka before the game, he got about 25% of his calls wrong.
    I feel like there has been bad home plate umpiring all week long.

Comment

Originally posted by VenturaBlvd View Post

I feel like there has been bad home plate umpiring all week long.
      I agree the strike zone has been huge. I wonder if it's a mandate to make games go faster.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Just need to say, I've been really impressed with Engel so far. I don't necessarily think he'll keep this up, but he's shown a better approach at the plate with more power than he has the last couple of years. If he can become even an *average* hitter to go with his other tools, he's an excellent fourth outfielder and maybe even more than that--I'm not sure that Mazara is even a better option at this point. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I agree the strike zone has been huge. I wonder if it's a mandate to make games go faster.
          I was wondering that myself. I guess I can't blame them for not wanting to be out there any longer than necessary, but it's still frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

He was missing balls and strikes, not just balls.

Comment

Working...
            X