Official 7/19 Sheets Salvages Split, Seventh Shot Saves Sox (S)Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 7/19 Sheets Salvages Split, Seventh Shot Saves Sox (S)Thread

Gavin Sheets turns on a inside fast ball with 2 on to stop the Sox from getting swept by the Perpetual Losers.

Lynn deserved better in the ND in Game 1 as the Losers won in 8, but Moncada in the sixth with a no-doubter and then Sheets in the seventh, after Brian Goodwin hit a seeing-eye single and Andrew Vaughn got nipped on the elbow followed by a wild pitch, ruined the night for Jose Berrios .
    Last edited by Zakath; 07-19-2021, 09:46 PM.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

After that little skip he did when he struck out Abreu, how sweet was it to see Berrios hold his nose and chomp on that big **** sandwich?

Comment

Thought Game 1 was needed in order to avoid the sweep, didn't have any hope for this one. Just a crazy big win. If the Astros can hold on we'll actually gain half a game out of this. Bummed we couldn't score for Lynn in game 1 but all is not lost.

Comment

And CLE loses, so we’re up 8.5! Don’t stop now boys!

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
          Thought Game 1 was needed in order to avoid the sweep, didn't have any hope for this one. Just a crazy big win. If the Astros can hold on we'll actually gain half a game out of this. Bummed we couldn't score for Lynn in game 1 but all is not lost.
          Houston was able to hold on and beat Cleveland.

Comment

Twins announcers were snickering when Sheets struck out on a change up earlier. "That'll be the image of Gavin Sheets from this game."
            Last edited by KenBerryGrab; 07-19-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

This was the 1st time in 13 seasons that the White Sox walked off a starting pitcher. The previous time was on 5/25 when Carlos Quentin, leading off the bottom of the 9th, took a 1-1 pitch deep off of John Lackey to beat the Angels 3-2. Quentin accounted for all 3 runs the Sox scored that night as he also hit a 2 run shot earlier in the game to give the Sox a 2 run lead at the time.

Comment

Glad they somehow got the split against a bad team (barely).4th time this year they came from behind in the 7th inning or later and won.

Of more concern to me was they only got eight total hits in the DH against a pretty bad pitching staff.

Am hoping it was just an emotional come down after the Houston series.

Get back to work tomorrow and get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                  Twins announcers were snickering when Sheets struck out on a change up earlier. "That'll be the image of Gavin Sheets from this game."
                  I think this image is a tad more indelible:

Comment

Should have won the first but lost. Should have lost the second but won. Baseball is a funny game...

Thank you, Mr. Sheets for saving our Monday...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Oh and true story. I finished eating dinner and was watching the Sox bat in the 7th. Wife asked me if I wanted ice cream. I said no, and then I added my usual mental disclaimer, "all I want is a White Sox win."

5 minutes later I said, "NOW I WANT ICECREAM!"

It was extra sweet tonight...
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                        Glad they somehow got the split against a bad team (barely).4th time this year they came from behind in the 7th inning or later and won.

Of more concern to me was they only got eight total hits in the DH against a pretty bad pitching staff.

Am hoping it was just an emotional come down after the Houston series.

Get back to work tomorrow and get it done.
                        I enjoy your posts and insights Lip, but wow.....how can a fan watch that walk off HR by Sheets and call this an emotional come down.

Also, since when is Jose Berrios, who pitched the entire 7 innings in game 2, a bad pitcher?

Comment

Originally posted by XplodingScorbord View Post

I think this image is a tad more indelible:
                          The guy in the front row with his jaw drop is priceless.

Comment

Len Kasper with a great call of the game-winner

https://twitter.com/ESPNWhiteSox/sta...487865856?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by GoSoxMMV View Post

I enjoy your posts and insights Lip, but wow.....how can a fan watch that walk off HR by Sheets and call this an emotional come down.
                              What is just reading the box score and not actually watching the game, Alex?

Comment

Working...
                              X