Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8/11 Sox-Twins game to be broadcast exclusively on YouTube

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 8/11 Sox-Twins game to be broadcast exclusively on YouTube

    https://twitter.com/jeffreya22/statu...62298360655882
    Yeah, this isn't going to upset people who aren't internet-savvy.

  • #2
    Wow. I wonder how much they paid the RSNs for the broadcast rights.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      https://twitter.com/jeffreya22/statu...62298360655882
      Yeah, this isn't going to upset people who aren't internet-savvy.
      Well, at least that's a Sox vs Twins game I can watch. I have the YouTube app on my Roku.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wonder if it will still be on mlb.tv?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not a big deal for me because I watch all Sox games on MLB.tv, but with the average age of an MLB fan being nearly 60 years old I can imagine this frustrating a lot of people.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

          Comment


          • #6
            Huh? Since when did YouTube get exclusive national broadcasting rights to MLB games?

            ...it looks like it was in 2019. I didn't even know that. The news must not have reached the cave I've been living in.
            https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...de-1234931434/
            White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
              Not a big deal for me because I watch all Sox games on MLB.tv, but with the average age of an MLB fan being nearly 60 years old I can imagine this frustrating a lot of people.
              MLB should not be afraid of frustrating a few existing fans in its attempts to lower that 60 year old average age.

              Comment


              • #8
                It'll be on broadcast tv in Chicago.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                  It'll be on broadcast tv in Chicago.
                  Yea, I think it will still be on TV in the local markets, it'll just be streaming on YouTube nationally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    It'll be on broadcast tv in Chicago.
                    Gregor has confirmed that this is not the case.

                    https://twitter.com/scotgregor/statu...558247424?s=19

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                      Gregor has confirmed that this is not the case.

                      https://twitter.com/scotgregor/statu...558247424?s=19
                      The tweet in the OP says it will be on Chanel 5. so Gregor is correct.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X