Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-17-21 Giolito Gem; Happy Homers Handcuff Houston; SOX 10 HOU 1 Postgamer

It feels good to have a laugher.
    Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 07-17-2021, 09:10 PM.

Yessireeee

Comment

Another day at the office for the team with no disappointments.

Comment

I don’t mind the 107 pitch complete game. Giolito was well rested, and now the bullpen is reset, which is important looking ahead to Monday’s double header.

Comment

Man, Oh Manischewitz, did we need that . total domination in every aspect of the game . that is more like it!

Comment

That was fun and very cathartic. Hope they can lock down the series tomorrow. Lucas came out and did what aces do. More like that please, Mr. Giolito.

Nice to see TA not miss a beat. Young bats carried the night, but the Sox could have scored a bunch more runs. They got the bad break on some BABIP tonight. Goodwin missed a couple singles Vaughn, just missed 3 different cookies. He was pissed.

Nice to see Abreu go yard in no doubt about it fashion and so sweet to see Jake get his first. He and Sheets both with a 2B and a HR. They are playing their way onto the playoff roster as I type.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Dontrelle Willis just gave the Sox rotation huge props. Pretty much said they will be untouchable in the playoffs.

Comment

Sticky stuff! Sticky stuff!

Hopefully this performance can shut that stupid bull**** up for a while.

It’s not like Giolito’s results have been uneven because of a drop in the quality of his pitches; he still gets plenty of whiffs even in games when he struggles. His main problem this year has been a drop in command. Better fastball command, combined with a return to a more normal HR/FB rate, should have Giolito ready to roll by October.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                  Sticky stuff! Sticky stuff!
                  Pretty funny.
                  The **** talking Cub fan in my office has been convinced that the "only way" Lucas went from worst to All Star was the sticky stuff.

After the game ended, I sent him a screen shot of Gioloto's stat line and I said "Looks like Giolito had more Stickum than a 1970's NFL Wide Receiver tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    Dontrelle Willis just gave the Sox rotation huge props. Pretty much said they will be untouchable in the playoffs.
                    Wasn’t it refreshing to hear a national studio analyst discuss the team and not sound like he would rather be somewhere else?

I bet Frank prepped D-Train with some good info on the rotation right before they went on the air. Hopefully Frank can do the same thing at as many national/playoff Sox games as possible for the rest of the year; it may help get rid of some of the unfair treatment from the media.

Comment

Pretty funny.
                      The **** talking Cub fan in my office has been convinced that the "only way" Lucas went from worst to All Star was the sticky stuff.

After the game ended, I sent him a screen shot of Gioloto's stat line and I said "Looks like Giolito had more Stickum than a 1970's NFL Wide Receiver tonight."
                      It’s been even worse with Cease. Instead of being looked at as a guy who obviously made major changes to get better between years 2 and 3 of his career, he is looked at as a guy who only improved because he cheated. Of course, this all could have been avoided, but Rob Manfred just couldn’t stay out of his own way for a few months and let the thing die down until 2022.

Comment

Beautiful game! Hopefully a sign of things to come the rest of the way for Lucas. Get the series tomorrow!

Comment

Got my 1960 scoreboard, got a home run derby with fireworks, got a complete game, and, oh yeah,

A great game that did not disappoint the 34k crowd. Pretty funny when that inflatable garbage can toy fell onto the field. The cherry on top was the announcement of the Lance Lynn extension. Now just lock up Rodon and we'll be golden.

Comment

When you throw a complete game you don't need to even worry about a bullpen do you?

Very well done by Giolito.

Sox won't get swept and have a shot at taking the series Sunday.

By the way, Minnesota with a DH today and with one Monday has to play five games in three days.

Play well Sunday guys and get it done.

Comment

Another day at the office for the team with no disappointments.
                              Well in your mind anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X