Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official 7/10 A "Good" afternoon for Mr. Goodwin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 7/10 A "Good" afternoon for Mr. Goodwin...

Lately the Sox have been getting bunches of extra base hits which is very nice to see.

Another solid game today, now get the sweep and finish strong before getting some much needed time off.

Goodwin has been on-fire lately!

Second half is going to be a lot more difficult schedule-wise and with Cleveland winning again today every win to keep that lead safely padded is big.

Leury has been hot lately as well. They said he was tied with Moncada with 39 RBIs. Giolito looked very good, so did Hendriks. Ruiz has been decent all year, although he was a little rough today.

Go for the sweep heading into the break.

Comment

Burger continues to hammer the baseball too. Even when he makes outs they seem to be "loud outs". Given his ability to play 3rd and 1st if he continues to hit he'll stay on the team.

Last night every starter had at least one hit. today every starter except for Sheets reached base (Collins was hitless but drew a walk).

Gio was solid but ran out of steam. At least he was using his breaking stuff more. Burr continues to excel no matter what situation he is in. He just got unlucky on the single that gave up the run. Ruiz still throwing it through the wall, but couldn't find the zone today. That's why we have Mr. Hendriks.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Stat of the Day courtesy DVS of the Sun-Times:

The Sox are 6-0 against the Orioles and 31-14 against teams under .500. They’re 21-21 against teams at or above .500.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          Stat of the Day courtesy DVS of the Sun-Times:

The Sox are 6-0 against the Orioles and 31-14 against teams under .500. They’re 21-21 against teams at or above .500.
          I wonder how others are doing against teams over .500?

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
            This just gives over .500, not at .500. https://www.mlb.com/standings

Does not agree with the DVS stats. Are the wins and losses against teams that were over .500 at the time of the game, or over .500 now?

Comment

It's actually an arbitrary perspective. The Astros are 3-3 against the Orioles and 2-5 against the Tigers. They're even 0-2 against the Rockies. If the Astros have a winning record against below .500 teams, it isn't by a big margin.

There isn't any team winning more games against below .500 teams than the White Sox. It isn't as if the teams at the top of the standings always beat the teams at the bottom of the standings. The White Sox having a bad weekend in Houston doesn't mean they can't beat the Astros, especially if the Astros have a losing record against the Tigers.

Comment

According to the MLB.com standings page:

Boston 32-22
                Tampa 35-26
                Yankees 28-29
                Toronto 29-32
                White Sox 16-24
                Cleveland 15-25
                Houston 41-22
                Oakland 26-29
                Seattle 30-28
                Angels 24-36

I have no idea why DVS's numbers are different from MLB's.

Comment

Just heard back from DVS he said he got his figures that were in the Sun-Times story from the notes the White Sox released before the game Saturday.

Comment

Wow, the Astros’ mark is impressive. Let’s hope the Sox can make it less impressive in another week.

Comment

Cleveland's schedule after the break is no walk in the park: Oakland, Houston, Tampa, St. Louis and CWS.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

The Sox potentially going into the ASB nineteen games over the .500 mark, just blows my mind. I know they have been feasting on the bottom dwellers, but considering that we have so many of our starters down...dayum.

Comment

Looking forward to the 2nd half, and i saw where Eloy Jimenez hit two frozen ropes, one a home run, in his first game back with The Dash.

Comment

Thus you play 162 games. I remember in 2000, the Sox swept a 4-gamer in Yankee Stadium, with several blowouts. Several months later, it wasn't the Sox with the rings.....
                            Players like Goodwin usually aren't available for free; never had a year with OPS < .700, career OPS of .783 (better than several players suggested the Sox trade for). Sox are fortunate to benefit from his career year (or career 2 months), but when you put yourself in the position to benefit, eventually you get benefits.

Comment

I was at the game yesterday, my first Sox game at Camden Yards since 2018. Decent sized crowd for the struggling O’s, but nice weather and the larger-than-usual Sox contingent had a lot to do with that. It is nice to see a game there again where a Sox win felt like a foregone conclusion early on. I hadn’t felt that way watching a game there since Frank’s prime years. When Jenks was our closer the O’s had his number for some reason, even during the 2005-2008 era. One thing I forgot is how the ball just jumps off Jose’s bat when he gets a hold of one, similar to Thome in his prime. Also, we were sitting down the LF line and Vaughn continues to impress me with his solid defense. Whoever said he was a lumbering oaf in the OF needs to recalibrate his scouting tools.
                              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X