*Official* 7/7 Terrific Twin Killing Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/7 Terrific Twin Killing Postgamer

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

Love it great team effort just kept pounding out hits and using speed. Crochet picking up Heuer was huge and Ruiz with a no-drama 9th was great to see.

We gonna run out of room for bananas at this rate...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Is there no end to the Twins' suckage?

Comment

Originally posted by soxfanatlanta View Post
        Is there no end to the Twins' suckage?
        If there is justice, no.

Comment

Big day for #7 on 7/7, with 4 hits and a walk. Garcia just a double short of the cycle. Nice game from Engel, back off the IL with 2 doubles and a SB. Goodwin, Burger, and Hamilton all had 2 hits each to round out a 15-hit attack. Zavala with a solid game behind the plate.

Lynn struggled a little in the 4th, but got out of it with only the solo shot to Larnach.

Lead could be 8 by the end of the day if the Tribe get swept in Tampa.

10-2 vs. the Perpetual Losers, with one series (4 games) left in Chicago right after the break and 3 in Minnesota in mid-August.

Off-day tomorrow before the first-half ending series in Baltimore, while the Indians come home to play KC.
          I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

You get eight extra base hits in a game you're going to do some damage.

Everything went well today save for Heuer who can't see to have clean innings anymore.

Day off then on to Baltimore.

By the way TLR said today that DH'ing is in Eloy's future.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              You get eight extra base hits in a game you're going to do some damage.

Everything went well today save for Heuer who can't see to have clean innings anymore.

Day off then on to Baltimore.

By the way TLR said today that DH'ing is in Eloy's future.
              Not sure if you were able to watch the game, but Heuer pitched well. Two bloop hits off of him..

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

Not sure if you were able to watch the game, but Heuer pitched well. Two bloop hits off of him..
                It was on MLB.TV but I haven't seen it yet. The play by play sheet that I was following said both were "line drives..." Don't know who does those things but I guess they are all subjective.

Comment

It was on MLB.TV but I haven't seen it yet. The play by play sheet that I was following said both were "line drives..." Don't know who does those things but I guess they are all subjective.
                  Angel Hernandez writes them. C.J. Bucknor covers while Angel takes a bathroom break.

Comment

Exit velocities in the 70s for both of them. Just bad luck singles. La Russa went to Crochet for the matchups against Kirilloff and Kepler and they were overmatched.

Comment

I thought Zavala did a really good job behind the plate. Lynn was having trouble today but Zavala really helped him out with some calls. He's not going to add anything offensively, but I was impressed.

Comment

With it looking like the Indians are going to be swept in a DH the Sox lead will likely be 8 games heading into Baltimore. With all of the injuries that is fantastic. For all the scrunity of the La Russa hire, I cannot imagine a manager doing much better given all the adversity this team has faced during this first stretch of the season. Now as they were saying on the broadcast August looks like hell schedule wise for the Sox so by no means is this thing a lock but damn it feels good to be in 1st by this much at this point in the season.

Comment

Tribe swept, no-hit in the second game in Tampa.

Lead is up to 8.

Indians have now dropped their last 9.
                          Last edited by Zakath; 07-07-2021, 04:15 PM.
                          I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

TB just swept Cleveland on a combined no-hitter. Sox up 8 in Central.
                            (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                              Tribe swept, no-hit in the second game in Tampa.

Lead is up to 8.
                              Well that was quick. I wonder what the game times were? Don't usually have 2 games done by 5:15 EST. That's gotta be demoralizing.

At this rate, Cleveland is going to be a seller at the deadline.

Comment

Working...
                              X