*Official* 7/6 Marvelous in the Minnesota Mud Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/6 Marvelous in the Minnesota Mud Postgamer

Finally get to 50 wins. Let's make it a series win tomorrow.

Still can't believe that Hamilton catch.😲

Billy Hamilton !! . what a great game.

Comment

That catch maybe the defensive play of the year in MLB.

Comment

Catch by Hamilton has to be play of the year. Ballsy move by LaRussa to go for the 6 out save and it paid off. Love it. That's a big win and the resilience of this club is astounding. TLR has got to be manager of the year at this point.

Comment

Rodon's last start before the ASG, and outside of the messed-up sixth inning (deflected ball when it would have been an easy groundout, Goodwin and Eaton losing one in the night sky), he pitched another gem.

Hamilton's catch in the ninth wasn't "The Catch," but it's up there in best catches you're going to see.
          I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

https://www.mlb.com/news/billy-hamil...ch-in-rain-mud
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Lucky no one got hurt playing in that ****.

Comment

Carlos Kershaw does it again. In particular, I thought sandbagging his velocity in the early innings and blowing them away later showed an ace mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                  Rodon's last start before the ASG, and outside of the messed-up sixth inning (deflected ball when it would have been an easy groundout, Goodwin and Eaton losing one in the night sky), he pitched another gem.

Hamilton's catch in the ninth wasn't "The Catch," but it's up there in best catches you're going to see.
                  Rodon came up HUGE in the 6th with those two big strikeouts.

“The Catch” (we’re talking about Wise, right?) was only “The Catch” because of the situation. In terms of degree of difficulty, including battling the elements, this one is up there with any that I can remember.

Comment

Hamilton, Collins, solid execution to tack on insurance runs. Rodon starts it Hendriks nails it down.

Great team win to break the slide.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

We got to see both the good and the bad with Collins tonight. Offensively he showed once again that he’s one of the best hitters on the team against RHP. His wRC+ of 121 is third on the team, behind only Goodwin (221!) and Moncada (136). But as a receiver, he was again pretty poor. There were at least 4-5 calls that he cost the Sox pitchers (most for Rodon) that Grandal probably would have gotten.

Comment

On another bad day injury-wise for the Sox Rodon came up big.

Only 32 more wins for a winning season!

TLR said he used Liam in the 8th inning because he hadn't pitched since July 1 and the heart of the twins order was coming up. Sound logic in my book.

Rodon tied Juan Pizarro for having nine straight starts with at least eight strikeouts. Pizarro did it in his first year with the Sox 1961.

Let's hope Lynn can throw a gem Wednesday and get out of there with a series win.

Comment

The catch Billy Hamilton made was absolutely ridiculous. One of the very best I’ve ever seen.

I only wish he could have made that catch at home. Bleacher fans would have gone bananas. But I think that’s in the bleachers at home.
                          “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

A much needed victory. What more can you say about Carlos Rodon?

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
                            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
                            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Hamilton's mom just did the laundry. She's pissed.

Comment

Working...
                              X