Grandal out 4-6 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandal out 4-6 weeks

I posted this in the Roster Moves thread, but thought it deserved its own thread. Torn tendon in his left knee, out 4-6 weeks. I was prepared for him to miss the rest of the season.

The fact that he's not out for the season should be considered a win. The middle of August/beginning of September can't get hear enough with the pending returns of Jimenez, Robert and now, Grandal.

Comment

Agree that this for once isn't the worst-case scenario. Obviously it also isn't good. How much longer can we keep treading water?

Comment

Our AAA players are getting tons of MLB experience on a first place team. This is great for the future. The "window" will be open for years to come.

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised the way he reacted, however a torn tendon for a catcher? Who has to get up and down hundreds of times? Can't see it. If he returns I'm guessing at first base or DH. Meanwhile there's another hole for Rick Hahn to fill.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Has any other team suffered as many injuries to key players as our Sox?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              This is getting ridiculous. Has any other team suffered as many injuries to key players as our Sox?
              Yes. Other teams have. It’s a COVID-related disaster that is punishing the league without mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                Yes. I don’t have the list handy but Sox are middle of the pack in terms of days lost to the IL. Their pitching staff has stayed remarkably healthy.

The Sox have used the third fewest players overall among all teams in baseball.

https://twitter.com/ckamka/status/14...209761294?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Yes. I don’t have the list handy but Sox are middle of the pack in terms of days lost to the IL. Their pitching staff has stayed remarkably healthy.

The Sox have used the third fewest players overall among all teams in baseball.

https://twitter.com/ckamka/status/14...209761294?s=21
                  All I know is they have put 15 guys on the IL a total of 18 times (three guys have been on it twice). What other clubs do or don't do is no no concern to me. Some of those clubs have the means and the will and the depth to absorb the blows. The Sox have done absolutely remarkable considering the caliber of the talent but as Thomas pointed out there is a limit and they may have reached it today.

Will see where they are in mid-August assuming these guys all come back.

And even more important (if you assume the Sox are still good to win the division) is how they stack up with the other divisional leaders. Home filed advantage is at stake for the playoffs, the Sox may not be in a position to even have that for a round come October if they don't start plugging some holes and winning games now.
                  Last edited by Lipman 1; 07-06-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

You can't rail against the Sox injuries and approach to acquisitions without considering the context of, yes, what's happening MLB-wide. For one, it increases the number of buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                      You can't rail against the Sox injuries and approach to acquisitions without considering the context of, yes, what's happening MLB-wide. For one, it increases the number of buyers.
                      Call me ignorant but I think COVID is a convenient excuse. I'm sure it has played a factor but not THE factor as others feel. The vast majority of players had a "normal" off season, with sufficiant time to recover from the shortened season and to prepare for this one. It's not like they played through December and had to go to spring training in mid-February.

Comment

Let's see.....4-6 weeks. The first ten days are two Twins games and three Orioles games then the ASB. He could be 25%-33% through it before we have real games.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                          I posted this in the Roster Moves thread, but thought it deserved its own thread. Torn tendon in his left knee, out 4-6 weeks. I was prepared for him to miss the rest of the season.
                          Yeah all in all this is good news. I thought he'd ruptured the Achilles and we'd be lucky to see him before next June.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Yermin needs to sharpen up his catching.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
                              Yermin needs to sharpen up his catching.
                              He's been catching regularly in Charlotte since going down.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X