*Official* 7/5 Terrible Twins of Terror Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/5 Terrible Twins of Terror Postgamer

Cleveland lost again, but obviously, the bigger concern is Grandal's health. Let's hope for the best.

Burr with a poor decision on the bunt from Simmons in the bottom of the 8th. Yes they got the out, but by waiting back for the ball, allowed the 8th run to score when Burr couldn't find the handle at first

Comment

La Russa saying Grandal is on crutches and it was not a cramp. Not liking where this is heading.

Comment

No Cruz...no Donaldson...and they still put up eight runs.

Look I know the Sox bullpen is mediocre but if the starting pitching is heading South that is a game changer.

Speaking of game changer, yet another day, another game, another injury. This club can't go three friggin' days without someone getting hurt let alone a week for God's sake.

If Yaz is out and it sure looks like he's going to be, that opens yet another hole for the GM to have to fill.

The Sox haven't been playing the Astros, Athletics or Red Sox, they've been playing the Triple A Tigers, the terrible Twins and get three with the worst team in the league, the Orioles. They need to get their crap together and get some momentum again heading into the break. Remember the second half of the schedule is miles and miles harder than the first half.

Just really pissed off right now that the baseball gods just keep ****ting on this club, the injuries simply will not stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          No Cruz...no Donaldson...and they still put up eight runs.

Look I know the Sox bullpen is mediocre but if the starting pitching is heading South that is a game changer.

Speaking of game changer, yet another day, another game, another injury. This club can't go three friggin' days without someone getting hurt let alone a week for God's sake.

If Yaz is out and it sure looks like he's going to be, that opens yet another hole for the GM to have to fill.

The Sox haven't been playing the Astros, Athletics or Red Sox, they've been playing the Triple A Tigers, the terrible Twins and get three with the worst team in the league, the Orioles. They need to get their crap together and get some momentum again heading into the break. Remember the second half of the schedule is miles and miles harder than the first half.

Just really pissed off right now that the baseball gods just keep ****ting on this club, the injuries simply will not stop.
          The schedule, the rotation and the bullpen aren't going to matter if they keep losing key position players for long periods of time. You only can endure so much before the bottom starts to fall out. Sometimes, you just have to lick your wounds and realize it's pure bad luck that will end the season sooner than it otherwise might have. Sadly, all we can do is watch.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

The schedule, the rotation and the bullpen aren't going to matter if they keep losing key position players for long periods of time. You only can endure so much before the bottom starts to fall out. Sometimes, you just have to lick your wounds and realize it's pure bad luck that will end the season sooner than it otherwise might have. Sadly, all we can do is watch.
            Thomas you know my thoughts about "luck" so I'll just leave it there.

Comment

Thomas you know my thoughts about "luck" so I'll just leave it there.
              Memory refresher for me and everyone else who doesn't remember please?

Comment

Memory refresher for me and everyone else who doesn't remember please?
                With respect I'm not taking the bait. If you're being serious than I apologize if you want I'll PM you.

Comment

With respect I'm not taking the bait. If you're being serious than I apologize if you want I'll PM you.
                  This is not bait. I'm dead serious. Maybe I've heard it before, but I just can't remember right now.

Comment

White Sox are 2-8 in their last 10 road games.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                      Burr with a poor decision on the bunt from Simmons in the bottom of the 8th. Yes they got the out, but by waiting back for the ball, allowed the 8th run to score when Burr couldn't find the handle at first
                      It looked like he couldn't get a grip on the baseball in time to get Sano at the plate. If it was a choice between the out and an errant throw, he made the right decision. If he had a firm grip on the back and simply chose first instead of going home, he made the wrong decision. It looked more like a physical mistake than a mental mistake. The second Kepler home run (it's a bit frustrating to see so many hitter with multi-homer games against the Sox this year, probably put the game out of reach. If Burr knew he couldn't make a good throw, I'm impressed with his professionalism, although disappointed that he had a bad game.

The key plays in this game, of course, were the Gordon two-RBI two-strike triple that accounted for three runs with the ensuing wild pitch. Cease should have had him stuck out with his propensity to chase out of the strike zone. Even if Rortvedt follows with a hit, it probably only scores one run.

Of course, the play that took the Sox out of the game offensively was Moncada coming hme on the grounder to third, and Arraez not having any problem throwing him out at the plate. The Sox came back, down 6-1 to make it 6-5 with Moncada's triple, putting the typing run on third with none out and Abreu up. With no one out, there is no way the only way the contact play is going to be on is if there's a runner on first to stay out of the double play or score on a double play. I haven't read any postgame comments. It's possible Moncada thought he was too far from third to go back to third. Whatever, his base-running adventures have been frustrating. The way he hustled down the line to beat out the double-play grounder in the ninth was encouraging, though, even if the double-play grounder was not. There comes a point where I'd like to see Moncada learning from his mistakes.

After Abreu, although it was the seventh and there was one out, the Twins brought in their left-handed closer with the Sox lefty-heavy.. The righty closer finished the ninth, walking Anderson and giving up a one-out hit to Abreu. Hamilton followed by hitting it in absolutely the wrong place, not unlike Abreu in the seventh, with Moncada coming down the line from third.

I hate losing to the Twins. But considering the triple given up to Gordon, the ill-advised dash for the plate, Grandal going down again. the game was frustratingly close. Maybe if Kepler hadn't played Moncada's seventh-inning hit into a triple, leaving Tim Anderson at third and Moncada at second with Abreu up, the trajectory of the game is completely different. Maybe not. Minnesota has the luxury of being able to do everything the can to win games because they're out of contention. By pitch count, it was Rogers' longest outing of the year, and he pitched yesterday to help the Twins break their five game losing streak against the Royals after pitching Friday night against the Royals.

I wonder if the early start for a night game affected the Sox hitters early The Sox handled Ober in Chicago last week. It could be he had better or different stuff tonight. Still, the Sox scored five runs again and didn't win a game they could have, if not should have.

Cleveland losing is some consolation. They lost provides hope. Their 100 mph-throwing close gave up the lead for the second game in a row. Sunday, he pitched two innings and the placed runner scored in the 10th on an error, proving to be a winning run with the placed running in the Cleveland half was erased on a stupid base-running pop-up double play. Tonight, after the Indians bullpen let an 8-5 lead dwindle to 8-7, Clase couldn't retire a hitter in the tenth, eventually giving up the second Rays run of the ninth on a bases-loaded ground out. Things are tough all over. It's easier to take when you're six games up.

The Tigers, meanwhile, pulled to within 10.5 of the Sox tonight, which is probably more worrisome for Cleveland. Right now I'm more worried about the Sox beating the Twins tomorrow and whether Grandal just needs to sit out until after the break.

Comment

Originally posted by TDog View Post

It looked like he couldn't get a grip on the baseball in time to get Sano at the plate. If it was a choice between the out and an errant throw, he made the right decision. If he had a firm grip on the back and simply chose first instead of going home, he made the wrong decision. It looked more like a physical mistake than a mental mistake. The second Kepler home run (it's a bit frustrating to see so many hitter with multi-homer games against the Sox this year, probably put the game out of reach. If Burr knew he couldn't make a good throw, I'm impressed with his professionalism, although disappointed that he had a bad game.

The key plays in this game, of course, were the Gordon two-RBI two-strike triple that accounted for three runs with the ensuing wild pitch. Cease should have had him stuck out with his propensity to chase out of the strike zone. Even if Rortvedt follows with a hit, it probably only scores one run.

Of course, the play that took the Sox out of the game offensively was Moncada coming hme on the grounder to third, and Arraez not having any problem throwing him out at the plate. The Sox came back, down 6-1 to make it 6-5 with Moncada's triple, putting the typing run on third with none out and Abreu up. With no one out, there is no way the only way the contact play is going to be on is if there's a runner on first to stay out of the double play or score on a double play. I haven't read any postgame comments. It's possible Moncada thought he was too far from third to go back to third. Whatever, his base-running adventures have been frustrating. The way he hustled down the line to beat out the double-play grounder in the ninth was encouraging, though, even if the double-play grounder was not. There comes a point where I'd like to see Moncada learning from his mistakes.

After Abreu, although it was the seventh and there was one out, the Twins brought in their left-handed closer with the Sox lefty-heavy.. The righty closer finished the ninth, walking Anderson and giving up a one-out hit to Abreu. Hamilton followed by hitting it in absolutely the wrong place, not unlike Abreu in the seventh, with Moncada coming down the line from third.

I hate losing to the Twins. But considering the triple given up to Gordon, the ill-advised dash for the plate, Grandal going down again. the game was frustratingly close. Maybe if Kepler hadn't played Moncada's seventh-inning hit into a triple, leaving Tim Anderson at third and Moncada at second with Abreu up, the trajectory of the game is completely different. Maybe not. Minnesota has the luxury of being able to do everything the can to win games because they're out of contention. By pitch count, it was Rogers' longest outing of the year, and he pitched yesterday to help the Twins break their five game losing streak against the Royals after pitching Friday night against the Royals.

I wonder if the early start for a night game affected the Sox hitters early The Sox handled Ober in Chicago last week. It could be he had better or different stuff tonight. Still, the Sox scored five runs again and didn't win a game they could have, if not should have.

Cleveland losing is some consolation. They lost provides hope. Their 100 mph-throwing close gave up the lead for the second game in a row. Sunday, he pitched two innings and the placed runner scored in the 10th on an error, proving to be a winning run with the placed running in the Cleveland half was erased on a stupid base-running pop-up double play. Tonight, after the Indians bullpen let an 8-5 lead dwindle to 8-7, Clase couldn't retire a hitter in the tenth, eventually giving up the second Rays run of the ninth on a bases-loaded ground out. Things are tough all over. It's easier to take when you're six games up.

The Tigers, meanwhile, pulled to within 10.5 of the Sox tonight, which is probably more worrisome for Cleveland. Right now I'm more worried about the Sox beating the Twins tomorrow and whether Grandal just needs to sit out until after the break.
                        Detroit has won 10 of 14.

Moncada afterwards said the contact play was not on. He just pulled another "baseball-stupid" play.
                        Last edited by Lipman 1; 07-05-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I am so angry, so pissed off right now that I'm thinking I wouldn't give a tinkers cuss, if Hahn trades the entire god damn farm system not for a player or two, but five or six guys to plug the holes in the dyke and give this team a real shot to go deep into October. Because right now I can't see that happening.

I get the thought certainly of wanting to contend for a few years, or at least until the core guys potentially leave as free agents but I'm also reminded of what Al Lopez said in 1960, "Some of us don't care about tomorrow...we may not be around then." Who knows what the ownership situation will be like in two years or five years? Just don't know.

I'll be really interested to see at some point what Hahn says the study on all these injuries finds.

Comment

I am so angry, so pissed off right now that I'm thinking I wouldn't give a tinkers cuss, if Hahn trades the entire god damn farm system not for a player or two, but five or six guys to plug the holes in the dyke and give this team a real shot to go deep into October. Because right now I can't see that happening.
                            It's funny you say that because earlier tonight, a Cubs fan friend told me that he would trade us Contreras, Bryant and Kimbrel for Cespedes, Rutherford, Burger and Crochet. Thoughts?

Comment

It's funny you say that because earlier tonight, a Cubs fan friend told me that he would trade us Contreras, Bryant and Kimbrel for Cespedes, Rutherford, Burger and Crochet. Thoughts?
                              Rutherford and Burger are certainly available. For that package Crochet would definitely be tradable. Probably Cespedes too, though I admit he's the only part that gives me pause.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X