*Official* 7/1 Sweeping the Crappy Perptual Losers Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/1 Sweeping the Crappy Perptual Losers Postgamer

The game took way too long but all’s well that ends well. Let’s hope Moncada is OK.

Comment

Sweeping the Twins is so sweet.

9 game road trip coming up and all against sub .500 teams and then the All Start break. It would be nice to go at least 6-3 on the trip without anymore injuries.

Nice crowd of all most 25,000 on a Thursday afternoon. I think the Sox should schedule more weekday afternoon games, they seem to draw better than weekday night games.

Who makes up the MLB schedule, 4th of July weekend and both Chicago teams are on the road.
      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-01-2021, 06:26 PM.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

10 game road trip coming up and all against sub .500 teams and then the All Start break. It would be nice to go at least 6-4 on the trip without anymore injuries.

Nice crowd of all most 25,000 on a Thursday afternoon. I think the Sox should schedule more weekday afternoon games, they seem to draw better than weekday night games.

Who makes up the MLB schedule, 4th of July weekend and both Chicago teams are on the road.
        If I remember right Bob Grim told me the Sox really only request being home for Memorial Day as far as holidays are concerned.

Comment

Anytime you can sweep a team in your division that's big.

15 hits strung out, up and down the lineup was nice.

Moncada is a walking, talking injury it seems. Hand is just bruised according to the wrap up story, but he was starting to hit again, up to .280, he doesn't need to miss time especially because Detroit has been playing much better (just ask Cleveland!)

We'll see if Houston can help the Sox out tonight.

Comment

Always great to beat the Twins, but a sweep is the best, especially after what they have done to us in the past . that sure was an entertaining series . hoping for more of the same.

Comment

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers. ™

Comment

This was supposed to be the pitcher's duel. Maybe Rodon would have kept up his end of it if he had better defense behind him. The first inning may have taken a lot of of him. The Twins only managed to score in one inning, even took the lead. That the White Sox could come back to win after losing the lead against a team that has been the source of mind games, not just this season but for years makes this sweep all the more satisfying and encouraging going forward.

An interesting juxtaposition, which seems to say a lot for the Twins and perhaps the White Sox, who some of us considered on life support Sunday:

Miguel Sano struck out four times today, twice with the bases loaded to end innings and to end the game. He left nine men on base, all on his strikeouts. He flied out (flew out? -- it's really a matter of style) with two outs and no one on but still managed a golden sombrero. In a three-run loss, Sano left five runners in scoring position. In the only game the Twins have won from the White Sox so far this year, Sano homered three times. I doubt Hendriks let up with two in the ninth to have a shot at striking out Sano a fourth time. I'm sure it's just the way things worked out, but it put a smile on my face when I saw that.

Consider too that Sano struck out twice as many times as the White Sox lineup. When is the last time the White Sox went an entire game striking out just twice? When was the last time they went the first six innings -- or even six straight innings -- without striking out? In their last game in a seemingly dismal June (14-11, same record as April), they only struck out five times while hitting six home runs. Today, they hit two home runs while striking out twice. Each home run led off an inning and broke a tie. So, when was the last time the White Sox won back-to-back games hitting eight home runs with seven strikeouts?

Since losing the suspended game in frustrating fashion, the Sox have scored 35 runs in four games with at least seven in each. Granted, these last three games have been against Minnesota pitching, but this is the kind of offense the Astros were sending out against the White Sox in Houston, the Astros having the fewest strikeouts in the AL at that time. The Astros haven't been playing particularly great baseball, and have been losing to the Tigers and Orioles, but they could help the cause by beating Cleveland tonight.

I don't know if this is an anomaly or out of design, but the Sox hit three sacrifice flies today, coincidentally the difference in the game. Anderson's strikeout, the second by the team in the game, came in a one-out, runners on first and third situation, but the Sox had a four-run lead in the bottom of the seventh. The run didn't feel as critical.

It's not like Sano was the tying run in the ninth.

Comment

If I was a manager anybody who slid head fist regardless of circumstances would be fined. As Garcia last year, Robert in the minor leagues and Moncada today found out you are courting trouble doing that.

Follow up story said the hand was bruised when he rolled over it and it swelled up on him he's probably out for the Detroit series.

Comment

TLR said that Moncada had "swelling" in his hand and will miss the Tigers series, but may be back for the @MIN series. The Sox have never explicitly stated that his X-rays were negative for a fracture, just that his hand was "bruised", that he was undergoing "further evaluation", and now that he has "swelling" and will miss at least three games.

Sox are usually pretty transparent on injuries, not sure if this is just smoke or smoke + fire.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

10 game road trip coming up and all against sub .500 teams and then the All Start break. It would be nice to go at least 6-4 on the trip without anymore injuries.

Unless something has changed my schedule shows a nine game road trip, three each in Detroit, Minnesota and Baltimore. There haven't been any rainouts in Detroit/Minnesota that I know of concerning the Sox so I don't think there are any double headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                        If I was a manager anybody who slid head fist regardless of circumstances would be fined. As Garcia last year, Robert in the minor leagues and Moncada today found out you are courting trouble doing that.

Follow up story said the hand was bruised when he rolled over it and it swelled up on him he's probably out for the Detroit series.
                        Do they (or any MLB team) have any sort of "injury prevention" teachings during Spring Training. Some injuries are unavoidable but learning the proper technique to slide should be mandatory in camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Unless something has changed my schedule shows a nine game road trip, three each in Detroit, Minnesota and Baltimore. There haven't been any rainouts in Detroit/Minnesota that I know of concerning the Sox so I don't think there are any double headers.
                          Earlier when I checked on CBS sports site I thought it showed a 4 game series with Baltimore, just checked again and it's 3 games with the O's.
                          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

With the upcoming series all against losing teams, it might be prudent to stash Moncada on the IL and call up Burger. Moncada gets an extended rest through the All Star Break and hopefully is well rested for the second half, which features 43 games against tougher opponents such as Houston (3), Milwaukee (3), Cleveland (8), the Cubs (6), New York (3), Oakland (7), Tampa (3) and Toronto (4), Boston (3) and LA (3). Meanwhile, Burger gets a taste of the majors and either excels (and perhaps replaces Mercedes) or goes back to Charlotte with something to work on.

Comment

Given what the Royals just had to endure (three at home vs. Boston, then three at the Yankees, three at Texas, and then three back in Boston), we shouldn't complain too much.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X