*Official* 7/28 Swept in One Day Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 7/28 Swept in One Day Postgamer

It's gonna be pretty tough to turn things around if this continues much longer. Our rotation needs to get it together and fast.

They lose tomorrow and it probably won't matter.

Comment

I'm usually not one to criticize lineup decisions, and I know that Renteria knows a lot more about baseball than me, but the lineup he put out there in the second game was inexcusable. It's incredible that Delmonico has started every game this season, let alone having had two games in a top-4 lineup position.

The team will look a lot better in a week when Eloy, Mazara, and Madrigal are in there, and hopefully the second time through the rotation goes a lot better than the first. The bullpen was a bright spot in both games.

Comment

Paging Tim Kurkjian to find out when the last time a team had 4 of their 5 starters start the season with ERA’s over 10 the first time through the rotation.

Comment

Delmonico shouldn’t be a surprise considering how much he overplayed Palka. Ricky loves his lefthanded bats, even when they’re below replacement level.

Comment

All the excitement I had about the 2020 season, gone in less than week.

Of course, the Twins and the Indians are the two best teams they'll play all year. But they play them a lot.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
              All the excitement I had about the 2020 season, gone in less than week.

Of course, the Twins and the Indians are the two best teams they'll play all year. But they play them a lot.
              The 14 games left head to head is the only thing I can think of that doesn't immediately disqualify us from the postseason.

Comment

How did Delmonico even make the team? Last I heard they released him unceremoniously last season. Now he's like Rickey's favorite player.

Comment

Renteria is in over his head. This lineup was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

The 14 games left head to head is the only thing I can think of that doesn't immediately disqualify us from the postseason.
                    The 14 games left is why I think they are disqualified.

Comment

Trying to find something positive and the bullpen has looked good, especially the young arms, containing the fires that the starters light.

Ricky needs an intervention, but him getting replaced his wishful thinking. JR's other team has a national laughingstock for a head coach and they're setting the table to use the loss of revenue from the pandemic to keep him around.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                        Trying to find something positive and the bullpen has looked good, especially the young arms, containing the fires that the starters light.

Ricky needs an intervention, but him getting replaced his wishful thinking. JR's other team has a national laughingstock for a head coach and they're setting the table to use the loss of revenue from the pandemic to keep him around.
                        Yup.

Reinsdorf has been sending those “Help me, I’m poor!” trial balloons.

The fish rots from the head.

Comment

I’m not displeased with the hitters so far. The lineup should improve when Eloy and Mazara return. Robert has been as good as advertised.

Renteria’s lineup construction generally and his love of Delmonico specifically has been abysmal. Even Ozzie was calling him out for batting Delmonico cleanup.

The bullpen generally has been decent, although Renteria seems to over-manage it.

Obviously the starters other than Keuchel have been abysmal in the early innings. But it’s been just one trip through the rotation, with three of the games against Minnesota’s record-setting lineup.

If the starting pitching improves, this team has a shot.

If not, we have veteran trade chips: Encarnación, McCann, Cishek, Colomé, Herrera.

Comment

Well my excitement for this season was short-lived.

Comment

But we're better than the Cubs!

Comment

Working...
                              X