Luis Robert cleared for increased activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Robert cleared for increased activity

Like Eloy, Robert has about 4 weeks of increased baseball activity and then he can go on rehab assignment So, again like Eloy, looks like he's heading for a best case scenario at this time.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Absolutely Outstanding!!!

Comment

A friend of mine said he saw an article today that has Eloy possibly returning to the team in two weeks. A bit overly optimistic, but, hey.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
        A friend of mine said he saw an article today that has Eloy possibly returning to the team in two weeks. A bit overly optimistic, but, hey.......
        Would be nice but I can't see the Sox risking this. They are going to make damn sure they don't have another situation like Engel who comes back for 10 games then is out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Would be nice but I can't see the Sox risking this. They are going to make damn sure they don't have another situation like Engel who comes back for 10 games then is out again.
          Engel was called back at 90% because they needed him. Once it became evident he wasn't going to progress further and was struggling they shut him down again. They won't be rushing Eloy, no, but the instant he's ready, he'll be playing especially since he'll be spending a lot of time at DH initially, so the risk is different than with Engel who requires his legs to be effective in his role and didn't have them.

Comment

Eloy announced tonight that he is 100%, and is going to start a rehab stint as soon as this weekend!

https://twitter.com/hashtagwhitesox/...152233474?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Completley different injury, different body part used differently.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                Eloy announced tonight that he is 100%, and is going to start a rehab stint as soon as this weekend!

So the rumor of him being back in a couple weeks might be correct. AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

This is unbelievable if true! Can't get this guy in the lineup soon enough. So back right after the AS break? He should immediately help Jose, Moncada and Anderson relax a bit more and get back to being themselves.

Comment

There's a difference between a 24 year old saying they are ready to play and said athlete actually being ready to play, but obviously this is better news than Eloy saying he still has some lingering soreness or pain or whatever. The Sox need to be conservative with Eloy (and Robert) and keep in mind not just what's best for the 2021 White Sox, but also the 2022, 2023, etc. teams.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                      There's a difference between a 24 year old saying they are ready to play and said athlete actually being ready to play, but obviously this is better news than Eloy saying he still has some lingering soreness or pain or whatever. The Sox need to be conservative with Eloy (and Robert) and keep in mind not just what's best for the 2021 White Sox, but also the 2022, 2023, etc. teams.
                      So, are you suggesting that the Sox medical/training staff are just taking Eloy's word for it that he's ready to play?
                      White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

No I'm suggesting we wait for an announcement from the Sox that Eloy is 2 weeks away from a rehab assignment, rather than taking what he is saying on instagram.
                        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                        -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                          No I'm suggesting we wait for an announcement from the Sox that Eloy is 2 weeks away from a rehab assignment, rather than taking what he is saying on instagram.
                          If that's how you want to take this news, go ahead.

For me, I'm excited by the fact that Eloy says he has been told by the team that he is starting his rehab stint in less than a week. Sure there's no official announcement yet, but I can't imagine why he would lie about such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

So the rumor of him being back in a couple weeks might be correct. AWESOME!
                            This has got me thinking about our trade position. If Eloy and Luis can return sooner than originally predicted, then for one thing in my mind is that the Sox may not be as desperate as some GMs may have thought. This would be a benefit to Hahn's negotiating position. I'm sure Hahn will pursue moves but hopefully will not have to sacrifice too much to get what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                            X