Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 6-27-21 Split Doubleheader Postgames Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 6-27-21 Split Doubleheader Postgames Thread

    Lambert made Game 2 more interesting than necessary.

    Even so, we gain half a game on Cleveland.

    Maybe Mercedes and Collins have want to have a few more games like today?

  • #2
    Still in control of the division. Let's hope we can gain a little more of it with a solid series against Minnesota. We certainly showed signs of breaking out of this slide in the second game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazing stat - Score runs and you win. Don't score and you lose. Sox have not lost a game since June 1 when they've scored 4 or more.

      Have to wonder how long Jose will be out. That was a scary shot on that knee.
      I want my $2

      I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

      If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

      Comment


      • #4
        For me, there is nothing more exciting in the game of baseball, than an outfielder nailing a guy at the plate . nice to see some offense for a change . here come the Twins who have been winning of late.

        Comment


        • #5
          Very nice throw by Luis Gonzalez to nail Seager at the plate. Turned out to be crucial with the crap outing by Lambert.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lambert obviously has some things to work on in the minors. Other than that the Sox played very well today.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

            Comment


            • #7
              Crochet looks like he’s just mentally a mess. One of his walks should have been a K, but Collins moved it out of the zone.

              Good to see Yermin contribute and Gonzalez looked good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well at least they got a win AND increased their lead in the division.

                But, another key player is going to be out awhile (although as bad as Jose has been slumping the rest may do him good), the offense is still basically non-existent, the pitchers are giving up home run after home run after home run and the Sox have lost seven of nine.

                The S.S. White Sox is listing and taking on water from multiple areas. If Captain Rick doesn't get his **** together real soon the vessel is going to sink.

                I'm sorry but I can't understand what he's waiting for myself. They've been talking supposedly about Escobar for a week...why isn't he here yet? I mean it's not rocket science since the Diamondbacks are D.O.A. and he's going to be a free agent...just give them a low minor league player and let's go! (Although Hahn needs to acquire a hell of a lot more than just him...)

                X-Rays by the way on Jose were negative for a fracture. I was hit in the same spot on my right leg years ago when I played, there's no fat or muscle there to act as a cushion, it hurt like hell, in fact I was on crutches for about 10 days.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                  Amazing stat - Score runs and you win. Don't score and you lose. Sox have not lost a game since June 1 when they've scored 4 or more.

                  Have to wonder how long Jose will be out. That was a scary shot on that knee.
                  Sox may well have lost this game if it had gone nine, three RBsI from Mercedes and four RBIs from Collins notwithstanding. It wasn't actually a doubleheader, but MLB is content with making up rules for the sake of convenience. The difficulties weren'tt just about Lambert. Crochet hasn't had an acceptable outing since the last home stand.

                  The Sox are now 2-0 in games following losses where Abreu came out with scary-looking injuries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                    Well at least they got a win AND increased their lead in the division.

                    But, another key player is going to be out awhile (although as bad as Jose has been slumping the rest may do him good), the offense is still basically non-existent, the pitchers are giving up home run after home run after home run and the Sox have lost seven of nine.

                    The S.S. White Sox is listing and taking on water from multiple areas. If Captain Rick doesn't get his **** together real soon the vessel is going to sink.

                    I'm sorry but I can't understand what he's waiting for myself. They've been talking supposedly about Escobar for a week...why isn't he here yet? I mean it's not rocket science since the Diamondbacks are D.O.A. and he's going to be a free agent...just give them a low minor league player and let's go! (Although Hahn needs to acquire a hell of a lot more than just him...)

                    X-Rays by the way on Jose were negative for a fracture. I was hit in the same spot on my right leg years ago when I played, there's no fat or muscle there to act as a cushion, it hurt like hell, in fact I was on crutches for about 10 days.
                    With Abreu going down for sometime, that puts the AZ GM in the driver's seat, It'll take more than a low level minor league player. I guarantee that if a trade is made with AZ half this site will be screaming that Hahn over paid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paulwny View Post

                      With Abreu going down for sometime, that puts the AZ GM in the driver's seat, It'll take more than a low level minor league player. I guarantee that if a trade is made with AZ half this site will be screaming that Hahn over paid.
                      Abreu was hitting below .200 in June (probably more .190ish). I don't think this changes Arizona's bargaining position at all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                        I'm sorry but I can't understand what he's waiting for myself. They've been talking supposedly about Escobar for a week...why isn't he here yet? I mean it's not rocket science since the Diamondbacks are D.O.A. and he's going to be a free agent...just give them a low minor league player and let's go! (Although Hahn needs to acquire a hell of a lot more than just him...)
                        You do realize that the other team needs to agree to the deal, right? It isn't simply a matter of Hahn picking up the phone and declaring a trade.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

                          You do realize that the other team needs to agree to the deal, right? It isn't simply a matter of Hahn picking up the phone and declaring a trade.
                          Don't you know that all activities involving potential trades have to be made public or fans get all pissy?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

                            You do realize that the other team needs to agree to the deal, right? It isn't simply a matter of Hahn picking up the phone and declaring a trade.
                            I’d also add that I don’t think they really have anybody to trade.
                            “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

                            "If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post

                              I’d also add that I don’t think they really have anybody to trade.
                              I disagree with that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X