*Official 6/25 Still no offense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 6/25 Still no offense...

Over 32 thousand on hand tonight and the Sox wet the bed.

They've lost seven of their last 10.

Now led the leagues in errors (I think)

Have scored three runs or less in eight of their last 10 games.

Bullpen continues to be shall we say (to be nice) "inconsistent"

TLR was asked before the game if there's urgency to address the team needs, he gave a diplomatic answer:

"End of next month is not as appealing as it would be right now to get help."

I agree, this is going downhill fast.

The hitting sucks. The pitching sucks. This is what you get. Hope this stretch of bad play doesn't last for much longer.

Comment

Hopefully Rick Hahn saw this pathetic display and will send help.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

The entire bullpen, except maybe Hendriks, needs to be lined up in front of a firing squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
          The entire bullpen, except maybe Hendriks, needs to be lined up in front of a firing squad.
          Best bullpen in baseball!

Comment

Foster needs to go. Half the offense is just not major league hitters, Hahn needs to stop this ship from sinking, and now. The talent is not there. Vaughn needs to go down to AAA, Collins and Mendick should join them, they are not major league players right now, for the latter 2 probably ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
              Foster needs to go. Half the offense is just not major league hitters, Hahn needs to stop this ship from sinking, and now. The talent is not there. Vaughn needs to go down to AAA, Collins and Mendick should join them, they are not major league players right now, for the latter 2 probably ever.
              let's hope "The Money Will Be Spent!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Best bullpen in baseball!
                I get that you want to hold someone accountable for a spring training quote, but don't you think it's time to move past this? You're the only one who seems to bring this up time and again. The rest of the fan base only seems to care that the bullpen sucks, not what someone said about it.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

I get that you want to hold someone accountable for a spring training quote, but don't you think it's time to move past this? You're the only one who seems to bring this up time and again. The rest of the fan base only seems to care that the bullpen sucks, not what someone said about it.
                  I'll make you a deal since it seems to bother you so much, when the bullpen starts to perform like they should I will. Deal? But just for your information my comment wasn't referring to Bummer's imbecilic comment at all just a comment on the fact that everyone said this was going to be a good bullpen based on who they had in it. Like Joe Garagiola said, "Baseball is a funny game..." But it is rather ironic that Bummer makes that comment, blows the game opening night and now has five blown saves and four losses. Sometime you wonder if there really are 'baseball gods'

And now to more important things, NBC Sports Chicago writes tonight that after Friday's performance it's time for Mr. Hahn to start wheeling and dealing:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...more-necessary

The pressure is mounting, and now more guys are getting hurt, TLR said in the post game Jose is having issues and Moncada rolled his ankle, I don't see how Hahn can't do something unless JR won't allow him to. I mean how much longer can this current roster keep their heads above water and stay in first? Even the starting pitching is now beginning to slip.
                  Last edited by Lipman 1; 06-26-2021, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Can't hit.
                    Can't pitch
                    Can't field

Can't win.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-26-2021, 09:21 AM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

let's hope "The Money Will Be Spent!!!!!!!!"
                      It’s about the prospect cost much more than the money.

Comment

It seems like Anderson, Moncada, and Abreu have changed their approach at the plate, to try to compensate for the general lack of offense by the other players, and that is only exacerbating the problem of having so many key players on the IL.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Its the prospects of worth. And after over a decade of poor drafting its slim pickings.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

If the core players were performing as they should be they could tread water until the IL guys got back. Maybe make some additions without giving away the future. Shake up the bullpen using minor league talent and short-termers. But they're not. I don't have an answer. But the underperforming core is at the root of it.

Just an aside here, but Burdi's motion appears to have been smoothed out a lot during his time in the minors. Kudos to Katz and whoever. I didn't say he was a better pitcher, nor do I think Katz is the answer to all our bullpen woes. He isn't and he isn't.
                            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post

Its the prospects of worth. And after over a decade of poor drafting its slim pickings.
                              They have drafted extremely well in the 1st round over the past decade. The slim pickings is a natural result of graduating top guys onto the MLB roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X