Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engel back on IL - not really about this anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engel back on IL - not really about this anymore.

Retroactive to Sunday. Luis Gonzalez called up to replace him. This outfield situation is becoming critical.
    https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...787659264?s=19

Oh for pete's sake...this is such an unlucky season.

Comment

All you can do is laugh. The good news is that if this doesn't get Hahn off his ass to make deals now, not on July 28th say, nothing will.

Last Sox player who can walk on two legs, please turn out the lights when leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
        Retroactive to Sunday. Luis Gonzalez called up to replace him. This outfield situation is becoming critical.
        https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...787659264?s=19
        Just a personal opinion Thomas but it became critical in my mind when Robert got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
          Oh for pete's sake...this is such an unlucky season.
          Just very frustrated right now that again, a season with such high expectations is being **** on.

It will be an interesting decision now for Hahn (and JR) do you sell the farm to stay in contention? Do you ride it out and hope?

This is why I've been saying nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the injured guys returning, they can work out tomorrow and like Engel and Hamilton reinjure themselves and there you go.

Injury after injury after injury and it's been going on for three plus years now.
          Last edited by Lipman 1; 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

For ****'s sake. The top 4 OFs on this team are on the IL, 5 if you count Hamilton. I'm in favor of not making rash decisions to fill short-term needs, but yes the situation is critical.

In the short term: Yermin has to be sent down before the game today. There's no point in him being on the roster in an NL park.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
              For ****'s sake. The top 4 OFs on this team are on the IL, 5 if you count Hamilton. I'm in favor of not making rash decisions to fill short-term needs, but yes the situation is critical.

In the short term: Yermin has to be sent down before the game today. There's no point in him being on the roster in an NL park.
              Damn, there goes my All Star outfield vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Just a personal opinion Thomas but it became critical in my mind when Robert got hurt.
                Eh. You could make a case for it, but at least they still had a few recognizable, semi-dependable guys there at the time. Who's saving us now? Brian Goodwin? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Eh. You could make a case for it, but at least they still had a few recognizable, semi-dependable guys there at the time. Who's saving us now? Brian Goodwin? Please.
                  There's no one there left to save them, Hell even Garcia is having knee issues now.

Really I'll be curious to see what the Sox say/do.

I'm guessing they try to ride it out to the All-Star break and see where they are. They'll use the 'easy schedule" as justification.

To me that's exactly the wrong approach, you still have the lead (not by much now) and a favorable schedule. Now is the time to put the hammer down and hopefully go into the break five or six games up. But to do that you're going to have to be proactive and possibly sell some assets on the farm you don't want to.

Comment

There's no one there left to save them, Hell even Garcia is having knee issues now.

Really I'll be curious to see what the Sox say/do.

I'm guessing they try to ride it out to the All-Star break and see where they are. They'll use the 'easy schedule" as justification.

To me that's exactly the wrong approach, you still have the lead (not by much now) and a favorable schedule. Now is the time to put the hammer down and hopefully go into the break five or six games up. But to do that you're going to have to be proactive and possibly sell some assets on the farm you don't want to.
                    The last thing you want to do is panic buy. Every other GM has to be aware of what's happening here, and they almost surely would gouge the price if Hahn made a trade today.

The farm system already is barren, so you better make sure any trade target is a sure thing. Be aggressive, but be smart.

Comment

For short term they could also bring up Beckham so Mendick would be free to help in the OF if push comes to shove. Gonzalez wasn't hitting at Charlotte. He's nothing but defense, no stick at all. He's also a LHH which is what Lamb and Goodwin are.
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                        For short term they could also bring up Beckham so Mendick would be free to help in the OF if push comes to shove. Gonzalez wasn't hitting at Charlotte. He's nothing but defense, no stick at all. He's also a LHH which is what Lamb and Goodwin are.
                        Complicating things is that basically nobody on the team is hitting. Mercedes, Jose, Moncada even Anderson have gone south.

White Sox fans just can't have nice things can they?

Comment

I haven't seen a recent update on Billy Hamilton's status. And it's gotten to the point that I actually care about Billy Hamilton's status.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Complicating things is that basically nobody on the team is hitting. Mercedes, Jose, Moncada even Anderson have gone south.

White Sox fans just can't have nice things can they?
                            Less protection for everyone means less pitches to hit. Anderson was actually having a real solid week prior to Houston. I think he was just beat up and ragged out by Sunday like most of the team was.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                              I haven't seen a recent update on Billy Hamilton's status. And it's gotten to the point that I actually care about Billy Hamilton's status.
                              Last week TLR said he was working out taking swings when he "felt" something again. Don't think he's returning soon.

You got the sense they were rolling the dice with Engel when the doctors wouldn't let TLR play him in consecutive days. Something obviously still wasn't right. He must have really ****ed himself up when he reinjured it months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X