*Official* 6/20 We Got Our Butts Kicked This Weekend Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 6/20 We Got Our Butts Kicked This Weekend Postgamer

Not sure what they put in the water in Houston, but I'm glad this series is over.

Still in first by 2.5 games but this was a horrible long weekend. Hahn needs to make a move, we just can't continue with the some of the cast of characters now in the starting lineup. The pitching wasn't exactly Cy Young stuff either except for Rodon's nice outing, hope it's not a sign of things to come.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Gordon Beckham STILL costing this team games a decade later…

Comment

The Sox looked so bad in this series, that it seemed like a major league team playing a minor league team, and i suppose with all of the injuries, that's not too far from the truth . other than Rodon's performance, all aspects of the game, for the entire team, have been woeful this series . oh well, time to regroup and get back out there after the off day . hope that we don't have to play Houston again any time soon.

Comment

Three hits...three. This offense is getting worse and worse and worse. It's not just the bench guys, the retreads and cast off's. Moncada has been bad this month, Jose has been brutal.

NOBODY is hitting... period.

Now throw in the mental and physical errors this weekend just an awful effort, awful series.

Maybe the best thing is to have a day off Monday. Team needs it and so does the fan base. This four game series was just flat out brutal.

The only person who should be working Monday is Hahn. He needs to be on the phone all day lining up help. NOW...not wait until July 29.

By the way saw a story on MLB.com quoting the Pirates folks as saying activity has been picking up, they've been getting more calls lately.
          Last edited by Lipman 1; 06-20-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I hope the Sox enjoyed their 4-day vacation in Houston. I’m not sure what they did with their time, but I know they didn’t play baseball.

Comment

They pitched better. They hit better. The ran the bases better.” - Tony's response to a reporter's question, 06/20/2021

Hahaha. I'm not a huge La Russa fan - at least in this chapter of his managerial career. BUT, ya gotta love that clear-eyed, no bull **** reply.

Also, apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere here, but did anyone else turn the audio off with Beckham doing - whatever it was, "color commentary?" Is there such a thing as Too Much Information coming from a broadcast sidekick? I can't quite put my finger on why I gave the TV audio the hook and listened to the radio feed instead. I miss Steve Stone!
              Last edited by Nellie Fox; 06-21-2021, 01:31 AM. Reason: Made the font big enough to read.

Comment

The next 17 games are against teams around .500 or worse. The Sox should be OK but the way they are playing right now nothing is guaranteed. They need help and they need it fast.

Anything less than 11 wins in the next 17 games would be a severe disappointment and could give Cleveland an opening. 2 1/2 games ahead with about 90 to go is certainly nothing to get comfortable about.

Maybe the Cubs can do the Sox some good starting tomorrow but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Mercedes was 0-19 with 9 strikeouts for the week. He should be on a plane to Charlotte.

Comment

Pitching was bad enough, but the offense took the weekend off.

Anderson 1-for-16, Abreu 2-for-14, Mercedes 0-for-10, Mendick 1-for-12.

The fielding woes that plagued us earlier in the year are showing up again. Moncada had a really bad time in Houston, and Anderson's D suffered as well.

These are the kind of teams you're going to see in October, and you can't mail in performances like that. We see the Astros again right after the break, and you can't expect them to return the favor and play like dog **** when they come to Chicago.
                    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                      Mercedes was 0-19 with 9 strikeouts for the week. He should be on a plane to Charlotte.
                      Go back to a stretch starting on May 22, and he has only hit safely in 6 games. He is 10-for-89 over that stretch.
                      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

When was the last time he made hard contact? Can't keep him in the lineup. The starting pitching has been carrying the club and it didn't this weekend. This embarrassment involved the whole team. The usual reaction is to blame the manager for not having the team ready, but I don't see that here. 2-1/2 games lead and playing softies ahead. I'm not panicked yet.
                        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

I won't be surprised if both Beckham and Burger get called up but that means someone else goes to IL and Mercedes goes down. This team needs something. It's simply ragged out at present. Good time for a day off and some easier opponents
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post

Go back to a stretch starting on May 22, and he has only hit safely in 6 games. He is 10-for-89 over that stretch.
                            He’s around .210 since May 1st.

Comment

He’s around .210 since May 1st.
                              He's useless if he can't hit, can't play in the field.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X