Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 6/19 One Loss From Being Swept Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 6/19 One Loss From Being Swept Postgamer

    Please get a win tomorrow.

  • #2
    All I can say is thank god for the Pirates (which should be a warning that even bad teams can rise up and win).

    Maybe they won't get swept tomorrow. Maybe...

    Part of me is really REALLY pissed off. Houston is a good team with a good pitching staff but they aren't this ****ing good!

    But then after reflection you realize half of the Sox lineup is composed of bench guys, cast-off's or guys playing out of position so what are you going to do? bench guys are bench guys for a reason...they aren't good enough to play regularly or they get exposed.

    Maybe they can scrape out a win tomorrow, finish the week at 3-4, get a day off and regroup.

    Hey maybe by Tuesday Hahn will get off his ass and have gotten them some help too!

    Comment


    • #3
      One more game of this and then we get to play the Pirates while the Indians get to play the Cubs.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
        One more game of this and then we get to play the Pirates while the Indians get to play the Cubs.
        I'll feel so dirty doing it but I'll have to root for the Cubs. And the way the Sox are hitting right now, even the Pirates could give them issues.

        Comment


        • #5
          Don’t look now, but the return of “swing at everything” Abreu has been brutal: a .564 OPS for the month of June.

          Surround Abreu with other guys who can hit, and he’s fine. Surround him with dog****, and he’s considerably less than fine. Want to get him going again? Fill some of these gaping lineup holes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            All I can say is thank god for the Pirates (which should be a warning that even bad teams can rise up and win).

            Maybe they won't get swept tomorrow. Maybe...

            Part of me is really REALLY pissed off. Houston is a good team with a good pitching staff but they aren't this ****ing good!

            But then after reflection you realize half of the Sox lineup is composed of bench guys, cast-off's or guys playing out of position so what are you going to do? bench guys are bench guys for a reason...they aren't good enough to play regularly or they get exposed.

            Maybe they can scrape out a win tomorrow, finish the week at 3-4, get a day off and regroup.

            Hey maybe by Tuesday Hahn will get off his ass and have gotten them some help too!
            It’s been quite a frustrating series watching them flail away while Houston’s been pulling bunnies out of their butts. Yup, Hahn was to start doing some goesintas in his cranium to figure out a way to keep the USS White Sox afloat while half the crew is in sick bay and the other half is still learning on not how to fall overboard wearing their Mae West’s upside down. The bench guys are gamers, but a Vega will never be a Cadillac no matter how many Loud sports jacket Salesman scream in your ear telling you it is. Ah, the joy of being a Sox fan…. The days of serenity are few and the angst is is served up in 5 star portions.

            Taking one for the team rooting for those Nort side cretins to sweep the demon seed Lake Erie
            creatures so the crews heads still bob above water, Matey.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              All I can say is thank god for the Pirates (which should be a warning that even bad teams can rise up and win).

              Maybe they won't get swept tomorrow. Maybe...

              Part of me is really REALLY pissed off. Houston is a good team with a good pitching staff but they aren't this ****ing good!

              But then after reflection you realize half of the Sox lineup is composed of bench guys, cast-off's or guys playing out of position so what are you going to do? bench guys are bench guys for a reason...they aren't good enough to play regularly or they get exposed.

              Maybe they can scrape out a win tomorrow, finish the week at 3-4, get a day off and regroup.

              Hey maybe by Tuesday Hahn will get off his ass and have gotten them some help too!
              That Houston pitching staff was super nasty from what I was seeing on my big screen. And Lynn Saturday, who should have been our stopper, wasn't. Disappointing. Help for the lineup starts with the position a lot of us were calling replacement level not that long ago.
              If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

                It’s been quite a frustrating series watching them flail away while Houston’s been pulling bunnies out of their butts. Yup, Hahn was to start doing some goesintas in his cranium to figure out a way to keep the USS White Sox afloat while half the crew is in sick bay and the other half is still learning on not how to fall overboard wearing their Mae West’s upside down. The bench guys are gamers, but a Vega will never be a Cadillac no matter how many Loud sports jacket Salesman scream in your ear telling you it is. Ah, the joy of being a Sox fan…. The days of serenity are few and the angst is is served up in 5 star portions.

                Taking one for the team rooting for those Nort side cretins to sweep the demon seed Lake Erie
                creatures so the crews heads still bob above water, Matey.

                BK59
                Their "Mae West's"? I had to look that up, a good ole Navy reference from WWII (originally - do they still use that??). Thanks for that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Astros are really hot right now. The Sox are tired and hurt. Can't rely on the starting pitching to carry the team every night. Salvage the game today and move on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by blurry View Post
                    .....The Sox are tired .....
                    I think this is one of the main issues. This team has had very few days off of late. Plus those two double-headers several weeks back didn't help.

                    And of course, losing 1/3 of your regular staff hasn't helped.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      berwyn
                      "Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics."

                      How can you point the finger at Hahn when you it is not clear who makes all the calls? Yes, Hahn is the GM and certainly makes many decisions but the way the Sox organization is run who can judge who's responsible. You have Williams as Hahn's boss in the mix and then Reinsdorf making decisions (like who's the manager) and setting budgets.

                      I would like to know who made the decision to hire Mazara and then Eaton? There has been much better choices but I'm not sure Hahn is making the final decisions or being told to make such deals or force to make these deals because of limited budget.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by blurry View Post
                        The Astros are really hot right now.
                        Yes. They are so hot that I can't help but think they have implemented a new batter messaging service that doesn't rely on garbage cans.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by berwyn View Post

                          That Houston pitching staff was super nasty from what I was seeing on my big screen. And Lynn Saturday, who should have been our stopper, wasn't. Disappointing. Help for the lineup starts with the position a lot of us were calling replacement level not that long ago.
                          Lynn has not had good history vs. the Astros and he's a fastball pitcher against a team that punishes fastballs.

                          Bigger issue is our offense going into hibernation.

                          I want my $2

                          I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

                          If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kingpin_rcs View Post

                            Their "Mae West's"? I had to look that up, a good ole Navy reference from WWII (originally - do they still use that??). Thanks for that.
                            Updated historically by decade depending on which “buoyancy” starlet was the craze. Probably not so much in Vogue these days with the Co-Ed crews. I had to wear my Dolly Parton so’s I’d not become a rock to the bottom of Davy Jones locker if I ever got blown off the Flight Deck and hope the Helo’s found me before the sharks did.

                            BK59

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

                              Yes. They are so hot that I can't help but think they have implemented a new batter messaging service that doesn't rely on garbage cans.
                              That’s a double rimshot, Fielder…I heard they installed about 2 dozen of them owl decoys all over the stadium “With Really Big Eyes” with multicolored iris to keep the birds and vermin at bay. Seems to help most games.

                              BK59

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X