Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest on Kopech...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Latest on Kopech...

    TLR with an update today:

    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...no-return-date

  • #2
    Is it just me, or does this guy seem both mentally and physically a little on the weak side? He got off to an impressive start when they first brought him up. But then he got hurt, rehabbed, sat out last season due to the pandemic, got married and then divorced a year later and finally last month he seemed to literally fall off the mound. It's been three weeks and it seems like he still isn't close to getting back on the mound. Love his talent but it seems like he's snake bitten.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
      Is it just me, or does this guy seem both mentally and physically a little on the weak side? He got off to an impressive start when they first brought him up. But then he got hurt, rehabbed, sat out last season due to the pandemic, got married and then divorced a year later and finally last month he seemed to literally fall off the mound. It's been three weeks and it seems like he still isn't close to getting back on the mound. Love his talent but it seems like he's snake bitten.
      Nope, none of that rings true to me.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
        Is it just me, or does this guy seem both mentally and physically a little on the weak side? He got off to an impressive start when they first brought him up. But then he got hurt, rehabbed, sat out last season due to the pandemic, got married and then divorced a year later and finally last month he seemed to literally fall off the mound. It's been three weeks and it seems like he still isn't close to getting back on the mound. Love his talent but it seems like he's snake bitten.
        Fairly certain the team is the reason behind his delayed progress. He got some good work in and proved extreme value and importance before a tweaked hammy. The team is taking their time, using it as a nice pause to keep him going through their target innings. Not even the stuff of conspiracies, just common sense.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

          Nope, none of that rings true to me.
          I'm sorry to say it is all true. This kid has tremendous potential, we just haven't seen enough of him, especially the last few years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fungo bat View Post

            I'm sorry to say it is all true. This kid has tremendous potential, we just haven't seen enough of him, especially the last few years.
            You're ascribing a LOT of emotional judgment to him in the post I responded to. That's the part I take issue with. You have NO CLUE what's going on inside his head or what he's dealing with. Sorry he doesn't live up to your standards for being mentally tough enough. I still say those standards are irrelevant to Michael Kopech's future with the club,
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Kopech looked very good when he first came up in 2018. He got injured. Had Tommy John surgery and missed 2019. Sat out 2020. Looked good coming out of the pen in 2021. Got hurt in late May. Not certain when he will return.

              These are all FACTS.

              He may be physically or mentally a little on the weak side. He may be snake bitten luck-wise. Yes, this my OPINION, which I am entitled to put out there. If you have a different opinion, you have a right to express your thoughts.

              We agree on one thing. We both hope he comes back soon. He is a very talented pitcher. He is an important part of the pitching staff this year, and hopefully for years to come.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fungo bat View Post
                Kopech looked very good when he first came up in 2018. He got injured. Had Tommy John surgery and missed 2019. Sat out 2020. Looked good coming out of the pen in 2021. Got hurt in late May. Not certain when he will return.

                These are all FACTS.

                He may be physically or mentally a little on the weak side. He may be snake bitten luck-wise. Yes, this my OPINION, which I am entitled to put out there. If you have a different opinion, you have a right to express your thoughts.

                We agree on one thing. We both hope he comes back soon. He is a very talented pitcher. He is an important part of the pitching staff this year, and hopefully for years to come.
                I did express my opinion that I don't think much of your analysis and yes we do agree on hoping he returns soon.
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                Comment


                • #9
                  I would hope that, in the year 2021, we were beyond thinking that someone taking care of their mental health makes them weak in any way, shape, or form.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got to believe that the Sox have had a pitching schedule for Kopech before the season began and I would guess it has him more available near the end of the season and playoffs versus now. And I can't see where he is injury prone. TJ surgery seems common with today's pitches and his latest injury appeared to be a freak accident to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      An MLB player injuring their hamstring and taking a bit long to recover from it is not something I require a conspiracy theory to explain.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X