2020 Roster Moves/Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Roster Moves/Transactions

Lopez to the 10 day IL and Cuthbert DFA'd. Ian Hamilton and Ryan Goins recalled to the 30 man roster.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Damn. Why did Cuthbert have to get into yesterday’s game, exactly?

Comment

Lambert to the IL with a forearm strain. Matt Foster called up.

Comment

Another young arm is hurt. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
          Another young arm is hurt. What's going on?
          It's a physical sport, not Chess. People get hurt.

Comment

If anyone cares, Cuthbert cleared waivers and is Schaumburg.

Comment

Lambert was probably the next man up if another starter got hurt. I guess that's now Dunning? Hopefully everyone left can stay healthy...

Comment

Not a good thing for Lambert also coming off of TJS.

Comment

Damn. Both Lambert and Heuer have been bright spots.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

This really sucks. Hopefully it’s just a muscle.

Comment

Mazara joined the taxi squad in Schaumburg yesterday. He's on a rehab stint.
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

The Sox are dropping hints that Nick Madrigal is "pretty close" to being ready for the majors. I'm guessing that Nick will join the ballclub at Miller Park on Monday.
                        https://670thescore.radio.com/white-...ague-promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
                          The Sox are dropping hints that Nick Madrigal is "pretty close" to being ready for the majors. I'm guessing that Nick will join the ballclub at Miller Park on Monday.
                          https://670thescore.radio.com/white-...ague-promotion
                          Man, the Sox really lucked out on this one! Madrigal is "pretty close" to being ready right after the sixth game of the season which means 2020 won't count towards his service time. Remarkable!

It's an awful shame that Madrical wasn't just a little bit closer given that the Sox have only gotten 4 hits from the 2B spot. But for Garcia's second game against the Twins, it's been a complete black hole.

P.S. Do we have teal on the new site? I'm colorblind...did I manage to find teal or no?

Comment

Has anyone pointed out that we can hang on to Madrigal for two extra seasons, simply by keeping him down for two seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by BRDSR View Post

Man, the Sox really lucked out on this one! Madrigal is "pretty close" to being ready right after the sixth game of the season which means 2020 won't count towards his service time. Remarkable!

It's an awful shame that Madrical wasn't just a little bit closer given that the Sox have only gotten 4 hits from the 2B spot. But for Garcia's second game against the Twins, it's been a complete black hole.

P.S. Do we have teal on the new site? I'm colorblind...did I manage to find teal or no?
                              From a strictly baseball/team-building point of view, gaining a year of service time for Madrigal is definitely worth a week's worth of sub-par production from 2B. It's possibly it cost the team a win, but even if that's the case it's a no-brainer to take the extra year of control (especially in this season which maybe has a less than 50% chance of even finishing).

I don't like it because it's an example of management mistreating a player and that could come back to bite them in the end. Maybe Madrigal (or even another player) remembers this incident and doesn't want to re-sign with the team down the road, whereas making a good will gesture could have resulted in a team-friendly extension.

Comment

Working...
                              X