Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 6/11/21 Draft Picks Pay Off SOX 5 DET 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 6/11/21 Draft Picks Pay Off SOX 5 DET 4 Postgamer

    The Sox are now 33-6 in games when they hit a home run.

    Draft picks Bummer Crochet, Collins, Engel, and Mendick all produced tonight.

    The only thing more fun than blowing up preconceived notions is winning games.

  • #2
    This game had to be a Mohoney nightmare. Significant contributions by Adam Engel and Danny Mendick in a Sox win.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought we were going to have two blown saves in the same game. Good job by Bummer to collect himself after the walk. I suppose Hendriks is entitled to give up a run or two once every six/seven weeks. Keep it going. Cleveland is starting the soft underbelly part of their schedule so the Sox need to continue to win games.
      Last edited by Chez; 06-11-2021, 10:26 PM.

      2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
      Posts on old WSI: 7344

      Comment


      • #4
        But I was told the Sox have no depth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
          But I was told the Sox have no depth.
          Let's not start gloating yet, still three and a half months to go and then having to face good teams (not the Triple A Tigers) in the playoffs.

          They are doing a remarkable job, but can it last? Can it last without Hahn getting some help??

          We'll see.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well...

            Top three in the order goes 0-11...

            Baserunning blunders...

            Wait Nomar Mazara with a home run? What?

            Bullpen tries to blow another game (although the weather delay was probably a factor...)

            Yet they find a way to win even with the bastardized extra inning rules...

            That was a gut check win.

            Comment


            • #7
              Should keep the people asking for Yolmer quiet for a while. Bummer throws some nasty **** when he can keep it near the strike zone. He still scares me. Crochet looking good, future starter material. Manufactured runs, like the winning one, still count. I like it.
              If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by berwyn View Post
                Should keep the people asking for Yolmer quiet for a while. Bummer throws some nasty **** when he can keep it near the strike zone. He still scares me. Crochet looking good, future starter material. Manufactured runs, like the winning one, still count. I like it.
                I think there are at least a few better solutions then Yolmer myself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

                  I think there are at least a few better solutions then Yolmer myself.
                  You and I are better solutions than Yolmer.
                  If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did Hendriks intend a fastball centered at the thighs as the first pitch to Daz? He challenges hitters but that was asking for it. All's well that ends well, just musing here. But that pitch was more bold than it needed to be.
                    If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Hendriks missed with the pitch and Cameron did what good hitters to mistakes.

                      In other news around the central

                      Astros over the Twins 6-4
                      Cleveland over Seattle 7-0
                      Top 8 in Oakland, Royals down 3-2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chez View Post
                        I thought we were going to have two blown saves in the same game. Good job by Bummer to collect himself after the walk. I suppose Hendriks is entitled to give up a run or two once every six/seven weeks. Keep it going. Cleveland is starting the soft underbelly part of their schedule so the Sox need to continue to win games.
                        I was nervous about bringing Hendriks back out after the delay. It's not his usual rhythm and he struggled and used a lot of pitches last night in his single inning of work. Sox got it done with another team effort. Bullpen management has been excellent this year. Guys are performing because of how they've been used. The expectations have been set and they've been put in increasingly more difficult situations and when they get called on they succeed more than they fail. That's good management.

                        So many ways they could have lost tonight and they didn't. Won an extra inning game too. More late runs. Looks like that boogeyman is off our shoulders too.

                        Very impressive.




                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sox are second in the majors at 219 RA. That's 20 less than the second place AL team, Tampa.

                          First in the Majors is the Mets at 194 -BUT... they've also played 8 games less than the Sox (not a typo - they've had a TON of cancelations).

                          In terms of RA/G the Sox are second in the the majors at 3.47. Padres are at 3.43 Mets are at 3.52.

                          In terms of ERA the Padres are the cream of the crop and the Sox come in 3rd, but 1st in the AL. Astoundingly the Padres are giving up over 0.5 unearned runs a game Ironically the Sox are almost tied with that number having given up the second most errors in the majors at 44 - same as the padres. April really sucked as I recall and the Sox have yielded 29 unearned runs compared to the Padres 34.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The sudden emergence of Engel's power in 2020 had "fluke" written all over it, glad to see him clubbing the ball even after he lost nearly half of the season to injury.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              Sox are second in the majors at 219 RA. That's 20 less than the second place AL team, Tampa.

                              First in the Majors is the Mets at 194 -BUT... they've also played 8 games less than the Sox (not a typo - they've had a TON of cancelations).

                              In terms of RA/G the Sox are second in the the majors at 3.47. Padres are at 3.43 Mets are at 3.52.

                              In terms of ERA the Padres are the cream of the crop and the Sox come in 3rd, but 1st in the AL. Astoundingly the Padres are giving up over 0.5 unearned runs a game Ironically the Sox are almost tied with that number having given up the second most errors in the majors at 44 - same as the padres. April really sucked as I recall and the Sox have yielded 29 unearned runs compared to the Padres 34.
                              Piggybacking on to your stats; just saw this on Quick Pitch tonight.

                              The Sox are tied with the Giants for the most wins vs. teams below .500. They now have 38 of them going back to 2020.

                              20 of the next 27 games are against teams below .500 heading into the All-Star Break.

                              Hahn gets them some help, they can really take off and potentially really widen the lead in the division.
                              Last edited by Lipman 1; 06-12-2021, 11:32 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X