Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 6-10-21 Hit Homers; Win Game SOX 5 TOR 2 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 6-10-21 Hit Homers; Win Game SOX 5 TOR 2 Postgamer

    Grandal and Engel hit the big flies.

    Keuchel and bullpen handle the Jays.

  • #2
    Excellent job by this team to put the Madrigal news behind it and come out firing. Let's go to Detroit and take that series now.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Sox are now 32-6 in games when they hit a home run. (They are 6-18 when they don’t hit a home run.)

      Comment


      • #4
        That’s what good teams do after a bad night on many levels. Sox came out strong, everyone focused. No let downs. No drama, just get the lead, play good defense and keep pounding away late. Keuchel was very solid against a team that is a tough matchup for him. Marshall did just fine. Heuer was solid and Hendriks was fine though he clearly didn’t have his best control.

        Welcme back Mr. Engel. We’re going to need that. Hopefully Danny finds a groove too.

        just a professional win top to bottom.





        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



        Comment


        • #5
          Their 4.5 game lead in the division is the largest in the majors.

          Their +89 run differential is tied with the Dodgers for the best in the majors.

          They are second only to Tampa, and tied with the Giants, for the most wins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Really nice to win the series after the day's devastating news. Pitching was excellent, possibly Keuchel's best game of the season.

            Comment


            • #7
              Big win against a dangerous opponent.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

              Comment


              • #8
                Subtracting the runs given away this series (5 last night, 1 tonight) Toronto earned just 3 runs, one in each game, this series. Excellent pitching against a dangerous lineup. Good bounce back tonight from last night. The team has been consistently professional this season. Don’t stop now, boys!
                (Formerly asindc.)

                "I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

                "We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sox scored all their runs with 2 outs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                    Really nice to win the series after the day's devastating news. Pitching was excellent, possibly Keuchel's best game of the season.
                    Yeah, the hero of this game was Keuchel. He was in control all ****ing night. Everything had downward bite, and there were some big whiffs mixed in there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      After everything today this was a nice way to end the day.

                      Loved the Blue Jays retro uniforms.

                      Nice to see Mercedes get two hits, seems like it's been forever since he had a game with multiple safeties.

                      Keuchel was rock solid.

                      Hope they can get a few wins in Detroit. Next week is going to be a big challenge.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

                        Yeah, the hero of this game was Keuchel. He was in control all ****ing night. Everything had downward bite, and there were some big whiffs mixed in there.
                        He set the tone early. Grandal gave him a cushion and he ran with it.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's a big, unexpected series win after last night. Maybe TLR's experience is going to be the thing this team needs after all...one can only hope at least.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                            That's a big, unexpected series win after last night. Maybe TLR's experience is going to be the thing this team needs after all...one can only hope at least.
                            My morning paper had us as underdogs, you are right about unexpected. Gotta love the way Abreu uses the whole field; one RBI inside each foul line. We are doing something wrong about hamstrings on a team level. Too much muscle and not enough flexibility is my guess. Less reps on the machines and more stretching, please.
                            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by berwyn View Post

                              My morning paper had us as underdogs, you are right about unexpected. Gotta love the way Abreu uses the whole field; one RBI inside each foul line. We are doing something wrong about hamstrings on a team level. Too much muscle and not enough flexibility is my guess. Less reps on the machines and more stretching, please.
                              As I posted in another thread Scott Merkin's tweet quoting Hahn as saying the Sox are now consulting with medical people to try to figure out why they are having all these leg/lower body injuries is a god send if they in fact mean it and will make any changes recommended by the professional people. Should have happened two years ago but better late than never going forward.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X