Please help test this: Sox broadcast and CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help test this: Sox broadcast and CC

I'm hoping you folks provide an assist here.

My mom relies on closed captions to follow along with the ballgames. She has AT&T Uverse and the closed captions never work for her on NBC Sports Chicago. It works for every other channel, just not Sox games.

I don't live in the Chicago area, so I watch the Sox broadcast via MLB.tv and the captions work just fine for me.

For you all in Chicago, can you please check your CC and let me know if it works and if you watch via Uverse or another provider.

I just need to know who to reach out to for my mom to get her captions working.

Thanks!

I watch on MLB.TV and it shows the NBC Sports Chicago broadcast and I get captions on the screen no matter how I'm watching it.

I had this problem many years ago in NC with TNT. I had to call Comcast and threaten to sue them under the ADA if they didn't get it fixed. They tried like heck to deny it was their fault, but finally looked into it and presto it was their fault. They took notes of what went wrong and when the problem returned a few months later I called up and said, "hey there's a fix for this." 15 minutes later it was fixed again. You may just have to get strict with them.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
      I watch on MLB.TV and it shows the NBC Sports Chicago broadcast and I get captions on the screen no matter how I'm watching it.

I had this problem many years ago in NC with TNT. I had to call Comcast and threaten to sue them under the ADA if they didn't get it fixed. They tried like heck to deny it was their fault, but finally looked into it and presto it was their fault. They took notes of what went wrong and when the problem returned a few months later I called up and said, "hey there's a fix for this." 15 minutes later it was fixed again. You may just have to get strict with them.
      Interesting, looks like I'll be reaching out to AT&T. Was hoping to have some backup data from folks here but that was apparently too big of an ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets View Post

Interesting, looks like I'll be reaching out to AT&T. Was hoping to have some backup data from folks here but that was apparently too big of an ask.
        It's only been one day. Maybe some more will reply later.

Edit: Most don't watch with captions either.

Comment

Works on Xfinity.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Good thing this isn't the 70's. There was no closed captioning, just Garrett Morris.

Comment

Hoping some members will help test the availability of captions on Sox broadcasts to help a fellow member out. AT&T in particular is needed, but all platform information is welcome.

Comment

I”m on MLB.tv and my captions work fine.
                (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                  Works on Xfinity.

Agreed. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    Good thing this isn't the 70's. There was no closed captioning, just Garrett Morris.
                    LOL there's an obscure reference.

Comment

CC works on Hulu streaming NBC Sports Chicago.

Comment

I would like to thank the handful of folks who took the 30 seconds out of their day to toggle the CC button on their remote to check on this for me. Currently 'troubleshooting' with ATT now.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                            LOL there's an obscure reference.
                            Thanks! I had totally forgotten that.

Comment

Working...
                            X