X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox 2021 Game thread #5

Carry on.

Well that first inning will blunt a bit of the negativity.

Mercedes doubles, Abreu doubles, and Grandal homers. 3-0 Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      Well that first inning will blunt a bit of the negativity.

Mercedes doubles, Abreu doubles, and Grandal homers. 3-0 Sox.
      Grandal went up there looking for that change off the edge and got it, went with it and drilled it.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

The data showed that Mercedes was having trouble with both high velocity changeups and with breaking balls, particularly from RHP. But he was hitting soft stuff from LHP. So, facing a LHP who features the changeup, LaRussa bats him second. And he’s 2 for 2.

Maybe LaRussa knows a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
          The data showed that Mercedes was having trouble with both high velocity changeups and with breaking balls, particularly from RHP. But he was hitting soft stuff from LHP. So, facing a LHP who features the changeup, LaRussa bats him second. And he’s 2 for 2.

Maybe LaRussa knows a thing or two.
          Yup, good call by the manager. Moving forward I would probably want Grandal at the 2 spot though.

Comment

Great, here comes the bullpen.

Comment

That's a huge one from Engel.
              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
                Great, here comes the bullpen.
                Marshall did good.

He's had one bad (terrible) outing in the past 2-3 weeks, and that was also the one time he pitched on consecutive days. Maybe he's less sharp when he pitches back-to-back?

Who pitches the 8th?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Marshall did good.

He's had one bad (terrible) outing in the past 2-3 weeks, and that was also the one time he pitched on consecutive days. Maybe he's less sharp when he pitches back-to-back?

Who pitches the 8th?
                  Heuer.
                  I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post

Heuer.
                    Benetti is making the same point that I was thinking - why not Hendriks for the 8th with Vlad and the heart of the order up? That said, 2 pitches, 1 out so nice job Heuer.

Comment

Nice confidence inning for Heuer, even though he was getting squeezed a bit.
                      I want my $2

Comment

Nice RBI double for the MVP. TA made the trip around the bases a little more adventurous than it needed to be.
                        I want my $2

Comment

Tonight the Sox get a chance to beat up on a pitcher with an awful record, fairly high ERA who embarrassed them last Saturday. Let's hope this guy doesn't turn into the latest version of "Cy" Chen vs. the team.

Comment

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...644231689?s=20

The lineup is no longer deep enough to have Collins in there against LHP. He's an automatic out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                              https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...644231689?s=20

The lineup is no longer deep enough to have Collins in there against LHP. He's an automatic out.
                              Probably they want Grandal tomorrow for whatever reason and that's a day game and you rarely if ever see a catcher catch back to back day-night games.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X