Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 6/6/21 Cease Neuters Kitty Hitters SOX 3 DET 0 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 6/6/21 Cease Neuters Kitty Hitters SOX 3 DET 0 Postgamer

    The Sox improve their record in games when they don’t hit home runs to 6-17.

    They should have scored more today; thankfully Cease, Bummer, and Hendriks combined for the shutout. Keeping Detroit from hitting home runs certainly helped.

    Shutting down the Toronto and Tampa Bay lineups will not be as easy.

    With Baltimore shellacking Cleveland, our division lead returns to 4 games.

    Congratulations to LaRussa for gaining sole possession of second place in career wins for a manager.

  • #2
    Didn't get much help from the middle of the lineup, but everyone else did just enough. Cease was spectacular. Bummer and Hendriks no drama. Engel with a spectacular grab to save a run.

    TLR now sole possession of spot #2 on the all time wins list.





    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome Back Adam Engel !!! . also, i think that we're going to see exactly what we have, as we play the next 13 games against good teams.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tigers played us tough in this series, Sox have their work cut out for them with the Jays coming up next.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-06-2021, 04:05 PM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

        Comment


        • #5
          4.0 game lead on the Indians

          6.0 game lead on the Royals

          12.0 game lead on the Tigers

          12.0 game lead on the Twins

          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

          Comment


          • #6
            3 out of 4 against the Tigers. Sure, they're a bad team but they swept the Yankees last weekend - so it's not like they can't win against good teams.

            Yermin now slashing .212/.291/.308 in his last 30 games and .104/.200/.167 in his last 15. Not exactly the kind of numbers you'd want in the heart of your lineup. The Mercedes train was a fun ride while it lasted.

            Nice outing by Cease today. 10 Ks with no runs and saved some wear on the bullpen by going 7 IP.
            White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

            Comment


            • #7
              Today I am one happy chappie in a snappy serape!

              That's the way to rebound from a desultory performance Saturday.

              Didn't have a lot of hits but had enough in the one inning to win the game.

              Welcome back Adam Engel.

              7th shutout this year for the Sox staff.

              Only bad thing...Mercedes still can't get out of his slump.

              And Cleveland lost, thank you Baltimore for not rolling over and die to them.

              Toronto Tuesday and they are a lot better than the Triple A Tigers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                Welcome Back Adam Engel !!! . also, i think that we're going to see exactly what we have, as we play the next 13 games against good teams.
                The Sox are in Detroit next weekend for a series. 10 of the next 13 are against good teams.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What the Sox, Indians, and Royals have before the break:

                  Chicago - June 8-10 Toronto, June 11-13 @Detroit, June 14-16 Tampa Bay, June 17-20 @Houston, June 22-23 @Pittsburgh, June 25-27 Seattle, June 28-July 1 Minnesota, July 2-4 @Detroit, July 5-7 @Minnesota, July 9-11 @Baltimore

                  Cleveland - June 8-9 @St. Louis, June 11-13 Seattle, June 14-17 Baltimore, June 18-20 @Pittsburgh, June 21-22 @Chicago Cubs, June 24-27 @Minnesota, June 28-30 Detroit, July 1-4 Houston, July 5-7 @Tampa Bay, July 8-11 Kansas City

                  Kansas City - June 7-9 @LA Angels, June 10-13 @Oakland, June 14-16 Detroit, June 18-20 Boston, June 22-24 @NY Yankees, June 25-27 @Texas, June 28-July 1 @Boston (wonderful MLB geography at work again), July 2-4 Minnesota, July 5-7 Cincinnati, July 8-11 @ Cleveland
                  I want my $2

                  I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

                  If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                    What the Sox, Indians, and Royals have before the break:

                    Chicago - June 8-10 Toronto, June 11-13 @Detroit, June 14-16 Tampa Bay, June 17-20 @Houston, June 22-23 @Pittsburgh, June 25-27 Seattle, June 28-July 1 Minnesota, July 2-4 @Detroit, July 5-7 @Minnesota, July 9-11 @Baltimore

                    Cleveland - June 8-9 @St. Louis, June 11-13 Seattle, June 14-17 Baltimore, June 18-20 @Pittsburgh, June 21-22 @Chicago Cubs, June 24-27 @Minnesota, June 28-30 Detroit, July 1-4 Houston, July 5-7 @Tampa Bay, July 8-11 Kansas City

                    Kansas City - June 7-9 @LA Angels, June 10-13 @Oakland, June 14-16 Detroit, June 18-20 Boston, June 22-24 @NY Yankees, June 25-27 @Texas, June 28-July 1 @Boston (wonderful MLB geography at work again), July 2-4 Minnesota, July 5-7 Cincinnati, July 8-11 @ Cleveland
                    Somehow this makes me sad to think there are only 10 series before the All Star Break. Season is flying by. 7 out of 8 against DET/BAL is exactly what you need to do. Hopefully our pitching can cool off the Jays and Rays.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not only is TLR Number Two in managerial wins, he is numbers in wins among Managers with an above .500 winning percentage (Mack manager's record is 3731-3948 for a .486 record. Over 53 years, you win some, you lose some.).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

                        The Sox are in Detroit next weekend for a series. 10 of the next 13 are against good teams.
                        Yea, 10 out of the next 13 games are against above average teams . one of them being a first-rate team . it will be a good gauge to see how the White Sox measure up against teams of a higher quality . fingers crossed..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                          What the Sox, Indians, and Royals have before the break:

                          Chicago - June 8-10 Toronto, June 11-13 @Detroit, June 14-16 Tampa Bay, June 17-20 @Houston, June 22-23 @Pittsburgh, June 25-27 Seattle, June 28-July 1 Minnesota, July 2-4 @Detroit, July 5-7 @Minnesota, July 9-11 @Baltimore

                          Cleveland - June 8-9 @St. Louis, June 11-13 Seattle, June 14-17 Baltimore, June 18-20 @Pittsburgh, June 21-22 @Chicago Cubs, June 24-27 @Minnesota, June 28-30 Detroit, July 1-4 Houston, July 5-7 @Tampa Bay, July 8-11 Kansas City

                          Kansas City - June 7-9 @LA Angels, June 10-13 @Oakland, June 14-16 Detroit, June 18-20 Boston, June 22-24 @NY Yankees, June 25-27 @Texas, June 28-July 1 @Boston (wonderful MLB geography at work again), July 2-4 Minnesota, July 5-7 Cincinnati, July 8-11 @ Cleveland
                          It's a long season, don't you think it's a little early to be watching the schedule this closely? Sure first place at this point is nice, but if the Sox take care of business I don't really care what Cleveland or KC are doing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                            Not only is TLR Number Two in managerial wins, he is numbers in wins among Managers with an above .500 winning percentage (Mack manager's record is 3731-3948 for a .486 record. Over 53 years, you win some, you lose some.).
                            If you read Connie Mack's autobiography, My 66 Years in Baseball, which is still in print, note that Mack has enough class not to blame the owner for blame the owner for selling off players from his championship, dynasty-grade teams to make quick profits. Mack actually defends the A's owner, who I won't call out by name, for doing that twice while Mack was managing.

                            Apparently, though, Mack didn't win as many games as the records show. He didn't manage on Sundays. Sunday doubleheaders were common through his last season in 1950. Nonetheless, he is credited as manager with all the team's wins.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If Cease can remember what he did today, he has the best stuff of any of our starters. And our starters have some great stuff, but control of four pitches is hard to find. We're a tough bunch to face, real tough.
                              If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X