Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* Kan't Win If You Kan't Make Kontact Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* Kan't Win If You Kan't Make Kontact Postgamer

    The offense had a bad day. Giolito deserved a better fate. Take the series tomorrow afternoon.

  • #2
    Tigers were 24th in MLB in K's for their pitching staff. Not today...
    I want my $2

    I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      The offense had a bad day. Giolito deserved a better fate. Take the series tomorrow afternoon.
      Losing to the Tigers stinks especially when my favorite diner in town is owned by a guy from Detroit. Tigers, Wings and Lions stuff everywhere on the walls, ate my breakfast this morning with Gordie Howe and Alex Delvecchio looking down on me.

      The Tribe is probably going to beat the O's, ahead 7-3 the 4th, lead will probably be 3 games.
      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-05-2021, 04:54 PM.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sox struck out a season high 16 times. Hard to win when you don't make contact.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wing blowing out to left, almost everyone trying to hit the ball 600 ft.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mendick's failure to lay down a good bunt with two on and nobody out might have cost the Sox the game.

            2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Paulwny View Post
              Wing blowing out to left, almost everyone trying to hit the ball 600 ft.
              Probably why they struck out 16 times.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chez View Post
                Mendick's failure to lay down a good bunt with two on and nobody out might have cost the Sox the game.
                Bad decision, bad execution.

                The couldn’t watch the first 5 innings of this game, but the most disappointing part is that they couldn’t get to a mediocre lefty starter. Skubal is the type of guy this offense used to feast on, but that hasn’t been the case lately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  16 K’s means 16 times the ball was not put into play out of 27 outs. Don’t win many games when 11 AB’s over 9 innings constitutes the quest for crooked numbers. Go get them tomorrow. And yes Nell, that must suck royally having to eat bangers and mash with Alex and Gordie eyeballing you as two of the most notorious Hawk killers.

                  BK59

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They dodged a bullet last night...not so lucky today.

                    A bad loss to a bad team with a bad starting pitcher....and he was left handed.

                    And it looks like Cleveland is going to win.

                    2-10 with runners in scoring position.

                    They better damn win tomorrow with Cease going... (they moved Rodon to Tuesday for some reason) getting a split against the terrible Tigers, at home yet, won't cut it. I only recognize maybe three guys in that lineup, losing to a Triple A club is embarrassing especially with the "ace" on the mound for the Sox.

                    And for the life of me I don't get the bunting decision in the sixth inning when you've got a chance to break the game open and slap these guys with yet another loss. TLR is going to have to explain that one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                      16 K’s means 16 times the ball was not put into play out of 27 outs. Don’t win many games when 11 AB’s over 9 innings constitutes the quest for crooked numbers. Go get them tomorrow. And yes Nell, that must suck royally having to eat bangers and mash with Alex and Gordie eyeballing you as two of the most notorious Hawk killers.

                      BK59
                      Yeah, almost upchucked my Western Omelet and Home Fries with those 2 creeps right next to me.
                      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-05-2021, 05:32 PM.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TLR on why bunting: "What was the score at the time? 4-3? Is the tying run on second base and the go-ahead run on first? And if he bunts them over you've got Anderson and Madrigal? I think that's the play..."

                        Unfortunately the lack of fundamentals AGAIN hurt the Sox because Mendick COULDN'T get the bunt down Tony and I have no idea how many successful sacrifices he's actually done in his career.

                        Not a wise decision with the Sox getting to the Tiger pitchers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          TLR on why bunting: "What was the score at the time? 4-3? Is the tying run on second base and the go-ahead run on first? And if he bunts them over you've got Anderson and Madrigal? I think that's the play..."

                          Unfortunately the lack of fundamentals AGAIN hurt the Sox because Mendick COULDN'T get the bunt down Tony and I have no idea how many successful sacrifices he's actually done in his career.

                          Not a wise decision with the Sox getting to the Tiger pitchers.
                          TLR needs to take that National League crap back to St. Louis.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For those scoring at home Danny Mendick has ONE, ONE successful sacrifice bunt in his career at the big league level.

                            ONE...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                              For those scoring at home Danny Mendick has ONE, ONE successful sacrifice bunt in his career at the big league level.
                              You would think that someone with his limited skill set would add bunting excellence as a skill. If you want to stay employed at the major league level.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X