*OFFICIAL* 6/3/21 Solo Shots Score Runs & Win Games SOX 4 DET 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 6/3/21 Solo Shots Score Runs & Win Games SOX 4 DET 1 Postgamer

Imagine that. Home runs score runs. Winning is always more aesthetically pleasing than losing.

It also helps when you get great pitching.

This has to be Mohoney's favorite game of the year.

Comment

Pitching and 4 1-run bombs...

Back end of the bullpen coming along nicely now. Crochet and Heuer as the next tier would be the envy of almost any other team and Kopech comes back Monday?

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Hahn deserves every bit of credit for the Lynn trade. He has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
          This has to be Mohoney's favorite game of the year.
          It was.

It was the first time in a while where the 7th-8th-9th innings went exactly as planned for the bullpen. Nice neat-and-tidy 6-inning, 89-pitch start for Lynn, and there’s no reason to push your luck sending him out there for the 7th when he was not on a normal routine.

Comment

Weather warms up; ballpark plays smaller. Bullpen has been looking good.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Twins just lost to the Royals. They are 12.0 games back and 12 games under .500.

CLE now 3.0 back as they were idle today.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

Evan Marshall's last 5 outings: 5 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 BB, 7 K's.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                  Hahn deserves every bit of credit for the Lynn trade. He has been nothing short of phenomenal.
                  Would be shocked if he wasn't under consideration to start for the AL in this year's All-Star Game.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                    Pitching and 4 1-run bombs...

Back end of the bullpen coming along nicely now. Crochet and Heuer as the next tier would be the envy of almost any other team and Kopech comes back Monday?

Don't think that's going to happen with Kopech. They are going to be very careful with him.

Comment

A nice solid win to start the series.

I would really, REALLY like for the Sox to somehow resign Lynn or Rodon. I don't think it's going to happen but here's hoping.

Bullpen looked like it should the last three innings, maybe they are starting to figure it out. Maybe.

Mercedes now 0-22 if I figured it out correctly, now hitting .299.

Never thought I'd say this but when Engel returns (I mean he has to at SOME point right????) Mendick is going to be sent down. Hamilton and Lamb are really helping the club.

Comment

I posted this in the Mercedes thread by mistake. it probably belongs here instead.

In their 34 wins the Sox have hit 48 homers. In their 22 loses they have hit 9 homers.

The Sox are 6-16 when they don’t hit a homer.

They are 28-6 when they do hit at least one home run.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                          It's been a great trade so far. Dane Dunning hasn't been as bad as his 4.67 ERA indicates (he has a 3.00 FIP) but Lynn has been fantastic. If he and Rodon both keep it up this season I wonder which the team goes harder at keeping (probably Rodon).

Comment

Also, I love a White Sox stolen base, but…

In the 34 wins, they have stolen 10 bases.

In the 22 losses, they have stolen 14 bases.

I’m not implying causation. But I am saying that if the Sox are trying to steal bases, they are more likely to be trailing/losing.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post

It's been a great trade so far. Dane Dunning hasn't been as bad as his 4.67 ERA indicates (he has a 3.00 FIP) but Lynn has been fantastic. If he and Rodon both keep it up this season I wonder which the team goes harder at keeping (probably Rodon).
                              Remember who Rodon's agent is and how 95% of the time he takes his client to free agency. Would the Sox meet his price?

Comment

Working...
                              X