Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 All Star voting begins

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot?...wall-club-2021

There is no reason why Yoan Moncada should not be the starting 3B for the AL.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Moncada for sure, but it may be tough for Abreu to make it this year. If there are 3 spots for 1B, I think Abreu would be my 3rd guy behind Vlad Jr. and Trey Mancini. If there are just 2 spots, I don’t see how Abreu makes it over either of those guys.

Other than that:

Rodon, Lynn, Hendriks from the pitching staff, but a strong June may even make Dylan Cease a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
      Moncada for sure, but it may be tough for Abreu to make it this year. If there are 3 spots for 1B, I think Abreu would be my 3rd guy behind Vlad Jr. and Trey Mancini. If there are just 2 spots, I don’t see how Abreu makes it over either of those guys.

Other than that:

Rodon, Lynn, Hendriks from the pitching staff, but a strong June may even make Dylan Cease a possibility.
      Abreu may benefit from name recognition and the fact he was the MVP last year. Might get some votes just for that.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Abreu may benefit from name recognition and the fact he was the MVP last year. Might get some votes just for that.
        Trey Mancini survived colon cancer. There is no chance he doesn’t win the player vote. As far as the fan vote, Vlad Jr. has been the best hitter in baseball this year. I think he wins that vote running away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Other than that:

Anderson has a decent chance as a reserve - if he gets snubbed for someone like Gleyber Tores I'll be pissed. Grandal probably has a chance too with his funky stat line, because other than Perez no AL catchers have stood out.

Yermin looked like a shoo-in a few weeks ago but he's obviously nose-dived since then, so he's likely out.

Comment

Working...
          X