• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Benetti to call Olympic baseball

Congrats to him.
    https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/s...488536070?s=19

Fantastic. Benetti is awesome.

Comment

I wonder if he's going to be there in-person or will do it remotely.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-2
      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 294-249
      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
        I wonder if he's going to be there in-person or will do it remotely.
        Considering how strict Japan is being about visitors from abroad, probably remotely.

Comment

It is a point of pride for me that the White Sox PBP guy is so universally liked and respected that not only is he ranked as one of the best in MLB by neutral sources, but that he is also routinely asked to do NBA games, football games, and now the Olympics.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

This is great news both for him professionally and for the Sox in terms of marketing. I agree it's great the Sox have an announcer who is so widely respected.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              This is great news both for him professionally and for the Sox in terms of marketing. I agree it's great the Sox have an announcer who is so widely respected.
              It’s a nice honor for someone who does a great job. It’s like Gene Honda handling public address duties at the Final Four.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

It’s a nice honor for someone who does a great job. It’s like Gene Honda handling public address duties at the Final Four.
                That's a great analogy.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-2
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 294-249
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

It'll be great to hear him voice Olympic baseball. Congratulations to him!

Comment

Working...
                  X