*OFFICIAL* 5/31/21 DH Game 2 Anemic Offense CLE 3 SOX 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/31/21 DH Game 2 Anemic Offense CLE 3 SOX 1 Postgamer

This was the modal outcome with Lambert starting.

Maybe Lamb - he of the .813 OPS - needs to get some starts at DH v. RHP.

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
    This was the modal outcome with Lambert starting.

Maybe Lamb - he of the .813 OPS - needs to get some starts at DH v. RHP.
    At least for a few weeks until he cools off...

When guys are hurt, the only thing you can do is keep riding the hot hand until it fizzles.

Comment

They gotta do a "Jose Ramirez Training" for every single guy who joins the organization, even in the minors. The Sox should have a firm policy against throwing a strike to Jose Ramirez in the situation where Lambert threw one for a game-winning 2 run HR.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
        They gotta do a "Jose Ramirez Training" for every single guy who joins the organization, even in the minors. The Sox should have a firm policy against throwing a strike to Jose Ramirez in the situation where Lambert threw one for a game-winning 2 run HR.
        Well I wouldn't take it that far, but someone on the bench should have leaned out and thrown up 4 fingers to the ump once the count hit 3-1. No excuse for throwing a strike in that situation but to throw an off speed high strike meatball was simply stupid. Throw a slider in the dirt and hope he swings over it.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Didn't expect to win the second game. Encouraged it was close.

They got the split and that was very important considering they probably face Beiber Tuesday.

First "extra inning" bastardized win this year by the Sox in game #1

Rodon is coming back to Earth. Mercedes is already there, 0-15 by my count.

Overall bullpen looked solid.

Assuming they lose Tuesday they still are in decent shape to get the split for the series then can go back to a "normal" regular rotation. Like Vinnie Duber wrote at NBC Sports Chicago, the Sox just can't avoid doubleheaders, weather has been awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            Didn't expect to win the second game. Encouraged it was close.

They got the split and that was very important considering they probably face Beiber Tuesday.

First "extra inning" bastardized win this year by the Sox in game #1

Rodon is coming back to Earth. Mercedes is already there, 0-15 by my count.

Overall bullpen looked solid.

Assuming they lose Tuesday they still are in decent shape to get the split for the series then can go back to a "normal" regular rotation. Like Vinnie Duber wrote at NBC Sports Chicago, the Sox just can't avoid doubleheaders, weather has been awful.
            Not sure I would describe his trajectory like that at this point. His previous 2 outings: 12 innings, 3 hits, 0 BB, 1 run, 23 Ks.

I didn't see any of his start today, but 8 Ks and 1 BB is still a recipe for success in most starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post

Not sure I would describe his trajectory like that at this point. His previous 2 outings: 12 innings, 3 hits, 0 BB, 1 run, 23 Ks.

I didn't see any of his start today, but 8 Ks and 1 BB is still a recipe for success in most starts.
              Good point... my wording may have been wrong. At least he had some run support today but he allowed three home runs and Cleveland was making good contact despite the strikeouts. (Today frankly high strikeout numbers don't impress me like they did say in the 60's for example when hitters usually made some type of contact...)

Comment

Working...
              X