*OFFICIAL* 5/31/21 DH Game 1 A New Hero Daily SOX 8 CLE 6 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/31/21 DH Game 1 A New Hero Daily SOX 8 CLE 6 Postgamer

First extra inning win in what seems like eternity.

YAY! Looks like they knew what to look for with Rodon. Maybe it was just an off day Bullpen did it's job and welcome back Mr. Eaton!

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Rodon’s most important job today was to eat innings and he did that.

The Sox are now guaranteed to be in first place Thursday morning regardless of what happens in the remaining three games of this series.

Comment

Great game and another Sox win! Based on previous extra-innings performance this year, I thought the Sox would blow it, but I am glad I was wrong!

Comment

The Game 2 pitching matchup does not favor the Sox, but their bullpen is in better shape than Cleveland’s. That means Tony can have a quicker hook if Lambert gets into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
            First extra inning win in what seems like eternity.
            Last one was August 30, 2020 against the Royals. Before that, you have to go back to August 2, 2019 at Philadelphia. Sox had won 1 of the last 8 extra-inning games until today.
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Jose Abreu never ceases to amaze me. Squares up 96 knee high on the black to drive in the go ahead run.

I’d like to see Billy Hamilton stick as roster moves are made to bring players back from injury. Abreu doesn’t drive in that run if Hamilton doesn’t steal third.
              “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

They type of game that the Sox frequently lose. They had some great at bats in the top 8th off a really tough pitcher. The 2021 Sox are fun to watch.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Nice to start extras with Hamilton on 2nd.

Eaton made up for his bad read in the field that cost them.

Comment

Good headline... different hero each game. If Eaton can stay in the lineup against RHP on a regular basis it will be quite a boost. Simply put, when he is healthy he plays well. Re Hamilton: I love utilizing speed in baseball and he is the perfect late-inning replacement when he only has to bat once. I do understand why TLR starts him sometimes, as it gives him (and Lamb) reps to get acclimated.
                    (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

They got the split and that was very important considering they probably face Beiber Tuesday.

First "extra inning" bastardized win this year by the Sox.

Rodon is coming back to Earth. Mercedes is already there, 0-15 by my count.

Overall bullpen looked solid.

Assuming they lose Tuesday they still are in decent shape to get the split for the series then can go back to a "normal" regular rotation. Like Vinnie Duber wrote at NBC Sports Chicago, the Sox just can't avoid doubleheaders, weather has been awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                        Rodon’s most important job today was to eat innings and he did that.

The Sox are now guaranteed to be in first place Thursday morning regardless of what happens in the remaining three games of this series.
                        I hope the team isn't thinking like that. Sounds like an echo of what I saw around here before the Yankees swept them.
                        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

I hope the team isn't thinking like that. Sounds like an echo of what I saw around here before the Yankees swept them.
                          Well I don't think they are going to be complacent but when you are in first place basically what Frater is saying is you just want to remain there, keep the status quo.

Comment

Working...
                          X