*OFFICIAL* 5/17/21 Madrigal Blast; Mendick Slam; SOX 16 MIN 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/17/21 Madrigal Blast; Mendick Slam; SOX 16 MIN 4 Postgamer

Too bad the Bears offense stalled out on those drives and kicked three field goals instead of touchdowns. 😜

Sox scored 3 more runs than the Twins have wins

Comment

Keuchel also threw 7 efficient innings.

Our pen is in good shape; they pitched a position player.

Win the series tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        Too bad the Bears offense stalled out on those drives and kicked three field goals instead of touchdowns. 😜
        I'm worried about the O-Line allowing Fields to get tackled in the end zone twice.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

10 games over . really looking forward to the Yankees series.

Comment

I felt bad for Nicky-2 strikes....he looked really awkward not knowing how fast to go on the home run trot. I would say act like you've been there, but well...you know he hasn't....Congrats to all... Love the team approach...We need to get some health and avoid more injuries...

Comment

Man. At this point, the Twins are gonna have no soul left to steal because the Sox more or less have complete possession of it already.

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                I felt bad for Nicky-2 strikes....he looked really awkward not knowing how fast to go on the home run trot. I would say act like you've been there, but well...you know he hasn't....Congrats to all... Love the team approach...We need to get some health and avoid more injuries...
                I think he may have thought the ball hit the wall by the way it came back toward the infield.

Comment

This is fun...

That is all...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

That was one serious ass-kicking.

Now Tuesday don't just score one run on six hits OK guys???

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

They probably won't start Happ Tuesday. Coming into tonight, the most the Sox had scored in a game this season was the 13 they put up in Happ's last start. The Sox only scored four in the Peneda start, and it looks like that's who the Sox will get tomorrow. That win wasn't easy. The Sox seem to match up against Happ, though, so his signing seems to have worked out well for the Sox. His ERA against the rest of baseball this season is under 2. I thought the Twins matched up well against Keuchel. They seemed to last week. Tonight I was happy to see Keuchel go seven tonight without the Twins threatening to come back Bullpens can use occasional breaks..

With Cleveland losing tonight (something of a surprise in Anaheim because the Angels have been struggling), the Sox are up 3.5 in the Central, which really isn't so bad.

I figured this game would be starting around 5 p.m. (Pacific Time). Minutes after 5 p.m., after my afternoon Post Office run, picking up fixings for dinner at Save Mart, I looked at my phone and saw the Sox already led 3-0. Without Abreu,whose spirit apparently guides the team nonetheless. Next I see -- holy Duane Kuiper, Batman -- Madrigal with a home run. (I could have gone all Chuck Brinkman homering off Rudy May, but among other things, Kuiper played second and homered against Steve Stone. As now-Giants announcer Kuiper says every time a player hits a home run, don't hit just the one, so forgive me.) And, of course, Mendick's grand slam. I wonder if he would be playing so well if he hadn't already been a roster odd man out earlier this season. Grandal hitting a sacrifice fly, even swinging at a 3-0 pitch (before walking). The White Sox were ready to play tonight.

While cooking dinner, I noticed that Derek Law, who I never thought much of when he was coming out of the Giants bullpen post championship days, had to throw 30 pitches to get his first out. And then I saw it was a triple that Hamilton tied to score on after the throw hit hm. Wild stuff. But you can't bottle it up and save it for later.

It would be nice to take this series before gong to New York. I hope Lynn is sharp tomorrow. I'm not nearly as confident with Giolito (scheduled to go Wednesday) as I used to be.

So, happy birthday, Carlos May, and don't stop now.

Comment

I can´t believe how special this team has the potential to become. We can probably add a bat at the TDL (Personally I would love to see how the Bryant situation is being handled by the Flubs) and Bryant might be available though I´m not saying he would be traded to us. The starting rotation is starting to become really good and shold be a top 5 staff all year. If the BP continues to rock and get better (Hendricks especially) look out. I love the butt whooping on the Twinkies. Great time to be a fan.

Comment

I had to do a double-take when I saw the score this morning. Good to see Keuchel get seven strong innings, and congrats to Madrigal - I'm starting to warm up to the kid.

Comment

The fact that they scored so many runs off the bullpen also gives me hope that they can beat the Twins in Minnesota even on nights when Happ is not pitching.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

How many times have we seen that in our lifetime, lol. Pineda’s always been tough on the Sox, though not a huge sample size.

Comment

Working...
                              X