*Official* 5/15 Minor Annoyance Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 5/15 Minor Annoyance Postgamer

Just wasn't our night. Salvage a split tomorrow.

We hit some long....just not long enough. I hate losing to the Royals, period!

Comment

The Royals are once again going back to their ways of making life miserable for the Sox.

Still have a shot for a split if Cease pitches well.

Offense has been handcuffed the past three games.
      Last edited by Lipman 1; 05-15-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

The three run homer that Santana hit looked like an out off the bat. That’s three homers that have been gotten a lot of help from the wind

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
          The three run homer that Santana hit looked like an out off the bat. That’s three homers that have been gotten a lot of help from the wind
          Perez had the three run home run, even Rodon was shocked that he even swung at that ball.

Comment

Minor has now beaten the Sox twice* since 2020, something no other left-handed starter in MLB can say. Flashbacks to the era where we just added "Cy" to the name of any Royals starter because they all shut down the Sox every start.

* yes I realize one of those was technically a no-decision, but the Royals won the game
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

The good news (aside from Rodon's free-agent value taking a hit) is that Abreu swung the bat well tonight after Friday's injury.

Rodon didn't pitch well tonight. He gave up some two-strike hits that hurt him, and the Royals ramped up their offensive pressure, something White Sox hitters weren't able to reciprocate.

I wonder if there was any sort of a letdown after sweeping the Twins. Following the Twins series with a split pair of seven-inning games, with the Abreu injury coming just after he gave the Sox a 1-0, has to feel out of sync. Did they really lose the game on the next pitch after Abreu came out of the game?

The Sox head to Minnesota for three more against the Twins before a weekend series in New York. Sunday would be a nice time to get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by TDog View Post
                The good news (aside from Rodon's free-agent value taking a hit) is that Abreu swung the bat well tonight after Friday's injury.

Rodon didn't pitch well tonight. He gave up some two-strike hits that hurt him, and the Royals ramped up their offensive pressure, something White Sox hitters weren't able to reciprocate.
                Rodon got squeezed badly by the home plate umpire’s wildly erratic strike zone.

Someone who didn’t watch the game wouldn’t have seen this, as it is isn’t reflected in the box scores.

Comment

The Sox have not played well since MLB made them wear those godawful caps.
                  “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

It is what it is. The team is half injured and half underperforming and we still have the 2nd best record in baseball after Boston.

Comment

The 1.27 runs worth of difference in this case doesn’t even reflect that after several of these horribly blown calls, KC got the wind-aided 3-run homer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Rodon got squeezed badly by the home plate umpire’s wildly erratic strike zone.

Someone who didn’t watch the game wouldn’t have seen this, as it is isn’t reflected in the box scores.
                        I didn't watch the game, but the first hitter of the game doubled on a 1-1 pitch from Rodon, and Rodon gave up the crucial 3-run homer on a 1-2 pitch. I know it's upsetting when you see your pitcher not getting close pitches, but it wasn't simply a matter of Rodon getting squeezed.

Comment

Originally posted by TDog View Post

I didn't watch the game, but the first hitter of the game doubled on a 1-1 pitch from Rodon, and Rodon gave up the crucial 3-run homer on a 1-2 pitch. I know it's upsetting when you see your pitcher not getting close pitches, but it wasn't simply a matter of Rodon getting squeezed.
                          The ump flat blew several pitches at least one of which was right down the middle. One of those calls made the count 3-1 instead of 2-2. Batter ended up walking and scoring.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                          X