X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulwny View Post

This is like picking stocks to own in the stock market next year.
    But we're playing with Monopoly money. None of us have any control. We're just talking...

Leave a comment:

• Paulwny
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

So not allowed?
    This is like picking stocks to own in the stock market next year.

Leave a comment:

• Paulwny
    replied
    Let's play 3/4 of the season and find out if this is the real Rodon or just a mirage before we sign him to an extension.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied

Too many variables with players being traded around the break.
    So not allowed?

Leave a comment:

• Paulwny
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I'm enjoying the season AND thinking about the pitching staff next season.
    Too many variables with players being traded around the break.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Why can't we just enjoy this season and worry about what the pitching staff will look like in the off season?
    I'm enjoying the season AND thinking about the pitching staff next season.

Leave a comment:

• Paulwny
    replied
    Why can't we just enjoy this season and worry about what the pitching staff will look like in the off season?

Leave a comment:

• Dumpjerry
    replied
    Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
    I took a glance at the upcoming SP free agents, and it's a trip down memory lane: LOTS of old dudes are going to be available. Want 37 year old Max Scherzer? He'll be available as will 39 year old Justin Verlander coming off TJ surgery. 38 year old Zack Greinke is available, as is 36 year old Johnny Ceuto.

Scherzer and Ceuto are actually having good seasons but I can't imagine JR shelling out big money to an old pitcher.
    We don't need any of those guys.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownTrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    Given what he has said about the team, it is far from given he will go to another team. Does not matter who is his agent. Borass cannot force him to sign with someone else if he does not want to. Borass could lose his law license for that.
    Of course nothing is given. But when do we ever assume that someone who isn’t under contract will be on the team? This sing just a Rodon/Boras thing.

Leave a comment:

• TDog
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Hi is not under contract past this year, so I'm not sure why it's surprising to you to hear someone say that he won't be here next year. He could eventually work out an extension or re-sign in the offseason, but that's far from a given.
    And certainly a pitcher who was non tendered at the end of last season after non-tendered last year after being an MLB disappointment after six seasons has to now be considered the hottest free-agent pitching commodity for the next offseason after five outstanding starts.

I don't know if it's the height of optimism to believe Rodon will have a Bob Gibson-like season and demand more than the Sox are willing to pay or if its the height of pessimism to think that there is no way the White Sox will sign him if he he continues to have a great season. Maybe it's a mix of the two, something common in the fanbase.

The last I looked, he hasn't cleaned out his locker.

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
    I took a glance at the upcoming SP free agents, and it's a trip down memory lane: LOTS of old dudes are going to be available. Want 37 year old Max Scherzer? He'll be available as will 39 year old Justin Verlander coming off TJ surgery. 38 year old Zack Greinke is available, as is 36 year old Johnny Ceuto.

Scherzer and Ceuto are actually having good seasons but I can't imagine JR shelling out big money to an old pitcher.
    They might appeal because they won't get 5+ year contracts. Better to go short and pay big dollars than to go long and pay big dollars.

Leave a comment:

• HomeFish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    If they are going to invest in either Lynn or Rodon I would prefer Rodon due to his age, but they might be able to get Lynn cheaper and a shorter deal which might appeal economically with other pitchers only a few years away from being ready (in theory). Not sure what it would take. Teams might be hesitant to go long on Rodon due to his injury history. Also we don't know what's going to happen with labor negotiations Sox might be able to get Rodon on a 2 year high salary deal that won't break the bank long term and allowed him to sign another contract to finish his career, but that seems unlikely as he will want to cash in. Market may still be depressed next year depending on how much attendance is allowed this season.

Leave a comment:

• Dumpjerry
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Hi is not under contract past this year, so I'm not sure why it's surprising to you to hear someone say that he won't be here next year. He could eventually work out an extension or re-sign in the offseason, but that's far from a given.
    Given what he has said about the team, it is far from given he will go to another team. Does not matter who is his agent. Borass cannot force him to sign with someone else if he does not want to. Borass could lose his law license for that.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownTrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Rodon is leaving? Did another team tamper or did I miss his retirement annoucement? Link for this news, please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X