*OFFICIAL* 5/9/21 Lineup’s Motor Revs “Broom” SOX 9 KC 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 5/9/21 Lineup’s Motor Revs “Broom” SOX 9 KC 3 Postgamer

Not to make any sweeping generalizations, but in addition to excellent starting pitching and solid defense, the Sox are showing themselves to be a reasonably fundamentally sound team.

Starting pitchers have allowed ONE run during this last trip through the rotation.

Comment

Comment

19-13, in first place in the AL Central by a full game

+53 run differential

Tied in all of MLB for the fewest losses

.594 winning percentage is on pace for 96 wins.

Comment

Excellent road trip going 4-1, came so close to 5-0. Pitching was outstanding with some timely hitting.
          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-09-2021, 04:52 PM.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Nice to see Gio get some run support.

Nice to see the Sox score runs after the 5th inning. (NBC Sports Chicago has that story. Apparently the Sox are last in baseball in runs scored after the 5th inning)

Nice to sweep the Royals and have a day off.

Nice to see Cleveland rained out so they gain another half game in their lead.

Comment

Danny Mendick with another solid game in RF. He regularly puts together professional at bats and handles his chances in the field. Allowing him to platoon with Eaton in RF, plus Vaughn continuing to contribute with the bat and the glove in LF, makes me think we might just be able to get by for now with Leury and Hamilton in CF while Goodwin gets up to speed in Charlotte.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                Nice to see Gio get some run support.

Nice to see the Sox score runs after the 5th inning. (NBC Sports Chicago has that story. Apparently the Sox are last in baseball in runs scored after the 5th inning)

Nice to sweep the Royals and have a day off.

Nice to see Cleveland rained out so they gain another half game in their lead.
                Nice of you to say all those nice things!
                Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-09-2021, 06:37 PM.
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                  Not to make any sweeping generalizations
                  😎...

Comment

Not to make any sweeping generalizations, but in addition to excellent starting pitching and solid defense, the Sox are showing themselves to be a reasonably fundamentally sound team.
                    Nice pun. This weekend makes me feel pretty dumb for scoreboard watching KC earlier in the season. I believe that's 9 in a row they've now dropped. Ouch. Winning division games is the recipe the Sox need to follow. Any cushion they can build up is going to be huge as overcoming these injuries probably won't be as easy as this weekend was unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

Nice pun. This weekend makes me feel pretty dumb for scoreboard watching KC earlier in the season. I believe that's 9 in a row they've now dropped. Ouch. Winning division games is the recipe the Sox need to follow. Any cushion they can build up is going to be huge as overcoming these injuries probably won't be as easy as this weekend was unfortunately.
                      If we get offense from Vaughn and Mercedes and the rest of the primary expected starters this season hit to their expected norms the offense is going to be fine. Not as spectacular as it was originally projected but no team will be after losing two MVP caliber bats by the end of April.

Pitching is still intact and looks to be shaping up nicely (as expected). Heck of a weekend...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Danny Mendick has looked both competent and confident in right field. The bat has been playing as well. So glad the Sox front office didn't go and make a panic trade.

Comment

+53 run differential
                          And we're not doing it by scoring a ton of runs (we're 4th in MLB in runs scored, but over 20 runs behind Boston). Only the Mets have allowed fewer runs than the Sox have, and they have the benefit of being in the NL (and the NL East, which is one of the weaker divisions so far). Giving up less than 3.5 runs per game, while we just went over 5 runs per game this weekend.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                            Danny Mendick has looked both competent and confident in right field. The bat has been playing as well. So glad the Sox front office didn't go and make a panic trade.
                            At this point in the season I don't think they'd be able to make a deal even if they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

At this point in the season I don't think they'd be able to make a deal even if they wanted to.
                              Of course they could if they offered enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X