This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 5/4 Cease and Destroy Postgamer

Everything went right with Dylan as the ringleader. Let's sweep it tomorrow.

Cease is in a zone the last two outings. But what impressed me most was the three hits! Don't know when the last time a Sox pitcher got three hits in a game...maybe Gary Peters?

His overall performance reminded me of this:

May 1, 1959 - Early Wynn had one of the greatest days ever by a pitcher when he did it all in the 1-0 Sox win over Boston. Wynn tossed a one-hit complete game striking out 14. In addition, he slammed a home run in the last of the eighth inning to account for the game’s only run. The only hit he allowed came to Pete Runnels in the first inning. It was a single to center field at Comiskey Park. Wynn would wind up taking the Cy Young Award that season going 22-10 and throwing over 255 innings.

Perfect world if somehow the Sox can stay in it, hang around maybe Hahn spends some money at the deadline, Robert comes back in mid August, Eloy in September and you take your chances.

Still think that scenario is a long shot...we'll see what happens.

Comment

It's all coming together for Cease, and the Sox sure need it. beautiful.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that we will be referring to this as "the Dylan Cease game" for years to come.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

Cease had 3 hits, the Reds (who were 4th in MLB in BA, 1st in OPS, and 1st in SLG) had 2.

Our 4 and 5 starters this year are 6-0 in 10 starts with 55 1/3 IP, 29 H, 10 ER, 24 BB, 76 K, 1.63 ERA, 0.958 WHIP.
          I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Can Cease play the OF?

Comment

By the way remember the game time for Wednesday is different from what is on many schedules.

On March 26 the Reds changed the game time from 5:40 Chicago time to 11:35AM Chicago time.

Hope Giolito isn't starting it.

Comment

Fifth Shutout of the year by the Sox staff.

Reminds me of the "Salad Days" in the 50's and 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  By the way remember the game time for Wednesday is different from what is on many schedules.

On March 26 the Reds changed the game time from 5:40 Chicago time to 11:35AM Chicago time.

Hope Giolito isn't starting it.
                  Keuchel is starting.

Comment

Nice win. Nice pitching and hitting performance by Cease. Royals down by 4 in the 9th so it looks like we’re nuts even in first if things play out in our favor. Bad news is the Tribe is climbing up the ladder as well. They face Bieber tomorrow so good chance we’re alone on top we we get the job done.

BK59

Comment

Royals just lost to Cleveland. Sox are tied for first.

Cease, Abreu, TA, Moncada... We got enough.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

And how about Jose Ruiz?!??!

1.5 ERA, 0.79 WHIP, 11 K in 11.1 IP over 10 appearances. .103 BAA ..164 SLGA

Looks like he lost some weight too.

If he turns into a competent middle inning or higher leverage reliever it's like found money...

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Keuchel is starting.
                          I'm anticipating Kopech to maybe follow him. All the top pen guys are well rested and will also have Thursday off. Need to win vs a struggling Sonny Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post

I'm anticipating Kopech to maybe follow him. All the top pen guys are well rested and will also have Thursday off. Need to win vs a struggling Sonny Gray.
                            That's a nasty 1-2 punch. Just when you adjust to all the slow slower slowest breaking balls from Keuchel, here comes the 97MPH heat

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                              Nice win. Nice pitching and hitting performance by Cease. Royals down by 4 in the 9th so it looks like we’re nuts even in first if things play out in our favor. Bad news is the Tribe is climbing up the ladder as well. They face Bieber tomorrow so good chance we’re alone on top we we get the job done.

BK59
                              Cleveland has won seven of 10. Don't know how as they only have two guys in the lineup who can hit but they have excellent pitching.

Comment

Working...
                              X