X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL Luis Robert Grade 3 Hip Flexor Tear: Out 12-16 Weeks

Well that sucks.

We need an outfielder. Who are some trade targets?

This sucks big time. Will he have a contender to come back to during the dog days of summer?

Comment

Vaughn needs to start every day in LF.

Hamilton/Garcia is sub-optimal as a CF platoon for the immediate future, so it would be better to get a starting quality CF from a non-contender like Colorado or Pittsburgh.

Comment

Well ... ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
          Well ... ****.
          Yep...
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

And another highly anticipated White Sox season gets flushed right down the toilet.

Never in my wildest dreams (or worst nightmares) was I anticipating having to break out the 61 Sox games I have in my library to rewatch this season certainly not in May...but here we are.

Like the kid on Twitter says, "White Sox fans can not have nice things."

If Hahn wants any chance to save the season he better be working the phones looking for outfielders.

Regarding Robert, like Eloy, if the Sox are basically out of it come July/August why risk rushing these guys back? No sense to it...see you in 2022 (assuming the season starts on time...)

Also didn't see this posted Engel is "back to square one" according to Hahn and is at least three weeks away for a rehab assignment.

Lopez also apparently had eye surgery yesterday and will be out a few weeks for Charlotte. He was having blurred vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              And another highly anticipated White Sox season gets flushed right down the toilet.

Never in my wildest dreams (or worst nightmares) was I anticipating having to break out the 61 Sox games I have in my library to rewatch this season certainly not in May...but here we are.

Like the kid on Twitter says, "White Sox fans can not have nice things."

If Hahn wants any chance to save the season he better be working the phones looking for outfielders.

Regarding Robert, like Eloy, if the Sox are basically out of it come July/August why risk rushing these guys back? No sense to it...see you in 2022 (assuming the season starts on time...)

Also didn't see this posted Engel is "back to square one" according to Hahn and is at least three weeks away for a rehab assignment.

Lopez also apparently had eye surgery yesterday and will be out a few weeks for Charlotte. He was having blurred vision.

Passan tweeting that the Sox will indeed look to acquire an outfielder.

Comment

The Sox are still better than the Royals. And they have a 5+ game head start over the Twins. The Sox need to bring in someone, but I don't want to see them sell the farm. There's got to be a team out there with an overpaid outfielder that will give him up if the Sox take on the contract. Right?

Engel had a setback and will be out another 3 weeks, which at this point is just a kick to the groin. If he was back, an OF of Vaughn/Engel/Eaton is not ideal but would not be horrendous.

Comment

Here are some possible trade targets from NL teams presently in or near last place:

Colorado: Charlie Blackmon

Pittsburgh: Wilmer Difo

Cubs: Joc Pederson

Marlins: Starling Marte

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                    Here are some possible trade targets from NL teams presently in or near last place:

I wonder if you could get Bryant and have him play in right? It's just going to be so hard to overcome losing both Robert and Eloy though maybe the division is weak enough to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Marte would certainly be interesting and is Pederson back off the injured list?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                        The Sox are still better than the Royals. And they have a 5+ game head start over the Twins. The Sox need to bring in someone, but I don't want to see them sell the farm. There's got to be a team out there with an overpaid outfielder that will give him up if the Sox take on the contract. Right?

Engel had a setback and will be out another 3 weeks, which at this point is just a kick to the groin. If he was back, an OF of Vaughn/Engel/Eaton is not ideal but would not be horrendous.
                        But here's the thing if you want quality you have to give up quality. Plus JR is going to have a say in this, he could say, "We're going for it this year come hell or high water..." Then what is Hahn going to do? Say no to him??? Or if things head south in the next say six-seven weeks you could be looking at a sell-off...hard to tell anything right now.

Comment

But here's the thing if you want quality you have to give up quality. Plus JR is going to have a say in this, he could say, "We're going for it this year come hell or high water..." Then what is Hahn going to do? Say no to him??? Or if things head south in the next say six-seven weeks you could be looking at a sell-off...hard to tell anything right now.
                          Who do we have on the farm that anyone would want? Maybe some of our other draft picks from last year? I don't think we'd want to give up Crochet and/or Vaughn (and even if we were willing to trade them, you're not going to get someone of Robert or Eloy's quality back).

Comment

Marte would certainly be interesting and is Pederson back off the injured list?
                            I think Pederson was just reinstated today. He shouldn’t be terribly expensive since he’s only signed for this year. He has played CF previously and would be fine against RHP. Against LHP Leury Garcia could be acceptable since he’s a better RH hitter than LH hitter.

Marte, on the other hand, is on the 10-day IL with a rib issue; didn’t seem to be long term.

Comment

They can't wait six or seven weeks. They need to make a decision on this a lot sooner if they're going to make a move and try to tread water for the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X