Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* MAYDAY! Walks and TA Pasta for All; SOX 7 CLE 3 Postgamer

Kopech might be our best pitcher.

Nice solid win. Get the early lead, get a couple insurance runs, turn it over to the bullpen. Bummer looked like the guy he was last year.

TA great game with the bat, great game with the glove. That spin move out in the 8th that caused Kopech to say "WOW!" was one of the prettier plays you'll ever see. Love how he picked up first visually after the spin and then fired a strike. He's really starting to put it all together.

Royals blew out the Twinkies so we won't pick up anything on them, but 2.5 up on the Toons and 5.5 on the Twinkies.

​​​​​​​

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

7 runs on 4 hits, 8 BB, and 13 K's. Whatever it takes to win.

After an error-prone stretch, the Sox have only committed one error in the last 7 games.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Solid defense (TA with the defensive highlight of the season so far!), dynamic offense from TA and Leury, dynamic pitching from Kopech, and a welcome return to form for Bummer. Sox win! Sox win! Sox win!
        (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Seven runs on four hits. Nice to see that happen FOR the Sox for a change.

What can you say about Kopech? Just amazing so far.

Hell, even Bummer is starting to look good again.

Need to score some runs and win Sunday for Giolito to keep pace with the Royals who seem to play no one but teams with losing records.

Comment

I happen to be driving through the Cleveland area today and tomorrow, glad to see I can be proud of the Sox around here. I think TA's slump is over.

Sox have had great success against Plesac so far this year, hope it continues tomorrow.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
              I happen to be driving through the Cleveland area today and tomorrow, glad to see I can be proud of the Sox around here. I think TA's slump is over.

Sox have had great success against Plesac so far this year, hope it continues tomorrow.
              Is TA Tim Anderson?

What slump?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Is TA Tim Anderson?

What slump?
                Yes, TA is short for Tim Anderson.
                Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                  Kopech might be our best pitcher.
                  Has anyone mentioned if he is on an innings restriction and if so what it is? I just worry that he always seems to do multiple innings each time he's out. He seems to be so much more in control this season. Such a weapon for us.

Comment

Latest on Engel from TLR:

There is still no timetable on outfielder Adam Engel’s return to the roster, though he did on-field rehab Saturday.

“He was doing his leg work,” Sox manager Tony La Russasaid. “It’s still a work in progress. I don’t know that they’ve given a day yet.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Is TA Tim Anderson?

What slump?
                      TA struck out like 5-6 times in a row at one point earlier this week.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

Comment

I didn’t get to watch this one, but it looks like I missed a good one from the highlights. TA when he’s feeling it is so much fun to watch. I know there is more to defense than errors, but errors (especially throwing errors on easy throws) have always been TA’s biggest issue defensively. So far no errors yet this year, and only 6 last year in the shortened season (.967 fielding percentage) which is better than his usual pace and a lot better than 2019 (.951). He seems to have really cleaned up some of those lapses in focus that caused him trouble in the past. We’ll see moving forward because sometimes the errors tend to come in bunches with him, but so far so good.

Very nice to see Bummer getting some clean innings under his belt. If he and Hendriks can lock down the end of the game, and Kopech continues to take care of the middle of tight games all by himself, then Marshall/Heuer/Foster can be used in more lower leverage situations until they get right.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          Need to score some runs and win Sunday for Giolito to keep pace with the Royals who seem to play no one but teams with losing records.
                          The way things stand now except KC the Sox play only 3 games with a team over .500 in May.

Comment

I've been dealing with a personal emergency the last few weeks, so I haven't been able to relay much sentiment about how the White Sox have been playing. But I have noticed and more importantly have noticed what a stinker the Twins have been to start the year. Nice to see that be someone else not meeting expectations for a change. With their record, they're pretty much dead in the water.

I don't think much of Kansas City, and their early season hot start is in large part due to a ridiculously easy schedule. Right now, it looks like our main competition is Cleveland. And Cleveland doesn't even look that good. When we finally fight off all these injuries, we might run away with this.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

TA struck out like 5-6 times in a row at one point earlier this week.
                              TA has hit safely in 12 of the past 13 games. Everyone should have a slump like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X